Chapter 13

3 Years ago. . .

Yeonjun looked at the ground as he gave his apartment keys to the landlord.

He just got kicked out of the apartment, he hadn't been able to keep up with the small payments. He begged his eyes not water as he rubbed them. 

"You got somewhere to stay?" The landlord asked out of politeness.

Yeonjun nodded. "Y-Yeah. . ." He choked, still fighting against the urge to cry. He didn't have a place to go to.

The landlord nodded, not really caring. "Alright, exit's over there then."

Yeonjun bowed before turning around walking out the door with his backpack. He began to sniffle, letting his tears run down freely as he walked down the sidewalk. The voice of his mother rang loud and clear in his ears. 

You're just a burden to everyone. . .

I should've warned your grandfather before he took in. . .

You're such a sad mess, that's why no one will ever like you. . .

Such a disappointment. . .

Such a failure. . .

Yeonjun walked into an alleyway, not wanting to be seen while crying. He sat down, pressing his back against the wall and setting his backpack--which was filled with his clothes and some snacks-- on his lap before hugging it. 

His mother had been right. . . His mother had been so right about him. 

But before Yeonjun could keep on crying, his phone began to vibrate. He sniffled looking at the contact number. . .

 It was Beomgyu.

Yeonjun's face seemed to light up by this. Beomgyu was always there to cheer him up. 

"Hey, what's up?" Yeonjun said, holding the phone to his ear as he tried to make his voice sound steady.

"Hey Junnie. . . Can you come over? We. . . We to talk." 

Worry began to rise in Yeonjun's chest once again. Did something happen?

"Oh, sure! I'm down the block from there." Before Yeonjun could say his good-bye, Beomgyu immediately hung up. 

That was strange coming from him. He usually waited for Yeonjun to hang up first. . . 

Yeonjun put his phone away and began to fast-walk towards Beomgyu's house. It had to be something serious.

~

Beomgyu walked back and forth around the first floor of his and his parents' house. Alright Beomgyu, be straight forward but not too much. He planned. This kind of news need to be delivered gently and slowly- 

Beomgyu's heart almost jumped out of his chest as he heard the doorbell ring. 

Yeonjun was here. 

Now there was time to stress or panic about the different scenarios that could happen. It was time to tell him.

Beomgyu opened the door, moving to the side so Yeonjun could enter. "Haha. . . That was quicker than I thought." Beomgyu said before smiling with nervousness.

Yeonjun looked at him. "Is everything alright? You sounded pretty urgent." 

Beomgyu bit his lip before moving away from Yeonjun as the older stepped closer to him. "W-well. . ." He walked away, fidgeting with his hands as Yeonjun looked at him with confusion.