Chapter 28

Soobin flopped down onto the wooden floor of the practice room that he had been practicing in nonstop for four or five hours.

He panted, beads of sweat running down his forehead as he gasped with exhaustion.

He then lifted his head up, gazing over at someone that entered the practice room. He immediately recognized the newcomer thanks to his recognizable broad shoulders.

"Ah! No, Jin stop!" Soobin exclaimed as Seokjin flopped down on top of him, treating him like a squish toy.

Soobin squirmed underneath his stepbrother, fearing the fact that he might end up as flat as paper if he let Seokjin lay on him for more than a minute.

"You're heavy. . . My back."

At those words, Seokjin finally rolled off him. "Your back is hurting again?" He nudged Soobin's arm. "You're such an old man." He then burst out laughing in his typical, bit iconic windshield laught.

Soobin rolled his eyes. "Says the one who's five years older than me!" He braced himself as Seokjin punched his arm.

"Ugh, you're still a brat." Seokjin scrunched his nose at him as Soobin stuck his tongue out. "Once a brat always a brat."

Seokjin shook his head before sitting up, offering Soobin four envelopes. "Here, for you, Hyuka, and your two annoying friends."

Soobin looked at the pastel pink envelopes, which were decorated with a gold flowered pattern and a cute stamp keeping it shut.

"About time you gave me the wedding invites." Soobin teased, looking down at Seokjin's engagement ring, the same shiny and beautiful black opal ring that Namjoon had bought almost a year ago.

Him and Huening Kai had witnessed the event. It had happened during one of the Bangtan Boys' concert. So many fans had screamed their lungs out, others had even recorded the proposal and upload it to social media, boosting the band's popularity along the way. Some of the popularity wasn't the good kind though.

His brother and his fiance had to put up with slurs and disapproval from a small percentage of their fanbase, many had left the boat, but the ones who had stayed supported them and defended them with all their might, Huening Kai and Yeonjun included.

But once the commotion had died down, Namjoon and Seokjin were finally ready to get everything together and plan their long-awaited wedding.

Seokjin chuckled, his cheeks darkening with embarrassment. "Planning a wedding is not easy." He flicked Soobin's forehead. "You'll understand the pain of it once you decide to man up and finally propose to Huening Kai"

Soobin stiffened, a pang of pain went through his belly. He had already planned everything, he had planned to do it this week but. . . Well, you know what had happened.

Soobin cleared his throat. "Yeah, about that. . ." Seokjin stared at him with slightly wide eyes. "I. . . Um, Huening Kai won't be able to attend the wedding."

"What?! W-why?"

"Well. . . He's um. . . Visiting family in um. . . Hawaii. . . Yeah." Soobin scratched his head, his lie probably sounded stupid and Seokjin would probably misunderstand the reasons on why Huening Kai was gone, but Soobin couldn't worry too much.

Just like Soobin had predicted, Seokjin's shoulders dropped, his gaze filling with sympathy as he rubbed Soobin's back. "Oh. . . Well, it's alright, brother," He pulled Soobin closer, pressing his little stepbrother against his chest. "I'm sure he'll be back soon to give his congratulations."

Soobin nodded, leaning against Seokjin and letting his sore shoulders relax after his long hours of practice.

His heart still stung so the fact that Seokjin was hugging him helped him a lot. He had been in need to be in someone's embrace after Huening Kai had left.