Chapter 23

(A/N: Yes, that is exactly how the angels' uniform looks like. . . Well, you're part of the reincarnation court)

Beomgyu blew his cup of coffee. It was a chilly Monday night that Beomgyu had decided to spend with Soobin. He had wanted to go home with Yeonjun, but turns out that the older had checked out of work early since he wasn't feeling too well.

"What if he left because of me?" Soobin suggested, his eyes baggy due a painful sleepless night and stress.

Beomgyu shook his head. "You were mentioned in the letter, but I don't think it was just your fault."

He drank his coffee, remembering how passive-aggressive the letter had sounded. "Maybe it's part of a bigger trial? They seemed a bit. . . Angry."

Soobin groaned, putting his head down, feeling broken due to the fact that he had no idea why Huening Kai seemed to have gone so suddenly. "They called me a moron. . ."

Beomgyu sighed, leaning against the chair ad he took a gulp of coffee, he held Soobin's hand. "I told you this before and I'll tell you this again, Huening Kai wouldn't leave to rejoin the courts for nothing."

He put his coffee down, looking determinedly at Soobin. "Whatever the reason was, it must've been very important. . . He'll let us know shortly, just. . . Trust him."

Soobin raised his head. "I do trust him."

"Then try not to freak out too much, let time pass and let Hyuka fix whatever he needs to. I'm sure he'll come back soon."

Soobin let out a sigh, closing his eyes hopelessly as he nodded. He wanted Huening Kai to be by his side right now, he wanted him so, so badly.

~

Huening Kai's wings twitched, detecting the sadness-filled thorn in Soobin's heart pinch him.

Ever since he took back his place at the courts, his wings hadn't stop twitching as they felt Soobin's distress and heartache.

It was the same feeling of heartache that Soobin had felt six years ago when he first left, but now the feeling was much, much stronger.

Huening Kai held Taehyun close, pressing the sleeping angel against his chest. He knew how helpless and lost his lover was, but he couldn't visit him, the courts had forbidden it until further notice.

Even though he wanted to go to Soobin and kiss his forehead very badly, he just ignored the feeling and focused on taking care of Taehyun. Taehyun needed him, he couldn't put Soobin above him at this moment.

The small angel opened his eyes, feeling the sour sensation of Huening Kai's own sadness. And with a frown plastered on his small, chubby face, he began to cry.

Hurning Kai panicked. "Oh nonononononono." He blabbered before kissing Taehyun's forehead, holding the small angeling carefully and rubbing his back. "Please, don't cry."

He held Taehyun in front of him. "If Tae cries, Hyuka cries too." He let out a small pouting. "You don't want me to cry too, do you?"

Taehyun's eyes seemed to dry a bit, but the angel continued sniffling.

"Aww, so you want me to cry too? Alright, I'll cry, you won't enjoy it though." He laid his back against the soft grass of the angeling meadow, sitting Taehyun on his chest.

"Waaaaah~" He whined, rubbing his eyes as he fake sniffled.

As soon as he let out the noise, he felt a small hand pressing against his lips, forcing his mouth shut.

"No." Taehyun pouted at him, his eyebrows furrowed cutely. "No c-c-cry." He stuttered due to his young angelic age.

Huening Kai laughed, grabbing Taehyun's hands and kissing it softly. "I told you, you wouldn't like it." He gently pulled Taehyun forward, showering the small angeling with kisses.