012

012 // SMILING

"i fell for you

"i fell for you. and i am still falling."

//

"ah, thanks Yoongi."

Helena can't help but clap her hands in appreciation as she watches detailed, talented Yoongi do the finishing touches. he stays silent as he wraps a flannel scarf around its neck. he really created what she wanted- a snow woman for Helia and it's heart warming.

she looks at him, gazing at him for a long time and a weird shudder runs down her spine. Helena doesn't see his as the cold, unapproachable guy with an attitude anymore. he helped her, may have found it amusing but here he is.

the two of them are freezing. but here sleepy Yoongi is, in her messy backyard as he takes off his fluffy gloves, sniffs his red nose and rubs his ears. his chocolate eyes are blank with expression yet Helena witnesses strong emotions swirling- all fighting to be used. what is he like? what would it be like to be his friend? what does he feel too?

Helena hands him the money- appreciative of his creation. "do you want to come inside? i can make us some hot chocolate and-"

Yoongi rejects the money, stepping away from her waving hand and it takes Helena by surprise. he isn't going to take it? "let's go back to being strangers okay?" is all he says clearly, nodding as he leaves- making his way out without a single word or kind smile.

never mind. Helena still perceives him with a rough attitude.

she looks at the snow woman and it's white beauty. the snow has stopped falling and the skies are blue as the trees glisten with no colour due to their loss of leaves. Helena realises right there and then, that maybe she doesn't want to be strangers with Yoongi.

Helena's family shortly come home later. she calls them outside.

Helia rushes outside, shoe laces untied as her eyes widen and a gasp leaves her open mouth. the surprise, giddiness and joy in her familiar, childlike eyes makes auntie Helena so happy that she turns ever so thankful for Yoongi being her neighbour.

"look!" Helena points. "it's a snow woman." and she laughs when Adora and Namjoon shake their head- of course's being heard.

"you're the best auntie ever." Helia hugs Helena tightly.

on the other side of the fence, Yoongi is shuffling in his garden- tidying up leaves and getting rid of the ice that could potentially make someone slip. he hears the euphoric laughter, kind words and he can even hear the smiles. he feels his heart ache.

the creator behind the snow woman finds himself smiling too.