050

050 // FREEZING

"i smiled. we were under the same sky at least."

//

Helena silently stands outside of Adora's bedroom door.

the younger clasps a pair of scissors in her hands safely. a sigh leaves her parted lips as she steps forward, free hand knocking against the wood. "Adora?" she calls gently.

no answer. "could you, perhaps, cut my hair today?"

still no answer.

Namjoon surprises Helena by coming up behind her. "she's not having a good day." is his only sentence as they share sad eyes and blank expressions. she knows. he knows.

Adora finds it hard to get out of the bed sometimes. depression kicks her to the curb and like everyone, she has an extreme version of good and bad days. it's understandable.

Helena continues to knock and ask every single day.

until one day she comes home from classes and sees an envelope addressed to her at the table.

but what catches her attention first is Helia sat in front of Adora, the older cutting her hair as she starts to speak. "let me tell you about..." Adora is out of bed and they're talking. what a pleasant surprise.

Adora flashes a smile at Helena as she notices her staring. "hey you. can i cut your hair next?" she asks, waving the scissors at her with a small smile on her tired face.

"of course." Helena tries not to cry. "what are you guys talking about?"

"how life feels like a race."

Helena shakes her head with a smile. it must be her influence. she decides to open her addressed letter before joining her special girls.

the strong female breaks down at the sight of the handwriting. it's not what she was expecting at all.

Dear Helena,

i cant imagine what your reaction to this letter will be. it's your brother Jimin and i just wanted you to know i'm back. i'm back for good. i don't expect you and Namjoon to welcome me back with open arms and smiles. i did my family wrong. i'm forever sorry.

before you throw this letter away, hear me out. i'm back. i won't be leaving, not again. you're my family and i want to be a part of your lives if you'll allow me to be. think about it okay?

Love from, Jimin.