040

040 // RECONCILING

"i will never apologise for the heart that breaks so easily but loves so strongly

"i will never apologise for the heart that breaks so easily but loves so strongly."

//

Helena hates being ignored.

but what she hates more is being avoided purposely.

especially by her partner.

her and Yoongi get off at their usual, same bus stop. Helena has been unable to get a hold of her boyfriend lately- avoiding and ignoring her has become his new favourite hobby. it's frustrating her to the point where she's been begging for him to notice her.

even Jungkook and Taehyung have given up with trying to help her. their methods of directing him in sly ways, using excuses didn't work.

"can we talk?" Helena runs after him. he's walking way ahead of her.

the truth is, Yoongi was surprised by what Helena wants for her future, resulting in, him not dealing well with her facts and avoiding her. he simply sees something different with her- their differing views are just a surprise.

"we're mature adults aren't we?" Helena bumps her shoulder into Yoongi's. his face stays blank, a straight expression on his pale features. she hates how unapproachable he seems. "we should be able to talk."

Yoongi speaks!- it brings Helena so much joy. "you're talking about the same couple that used to pull each other's earphones out right?"

Helena laughs and Yoongi remains calm, unbothered.

"there's many similarities and differences between us." Helena starts. she glances at Yoongi to see him listening to her. she's glad they can talk maturely now. she's been practicing what to say and how to say it. "does it shock you that i don't want marriage and kids? that you actually met a girl who doesn't want what society expects from her?" she wanted to get her point across in a mature, civil way that recognises her worth but also able to try with her lover.

"we both want different things, Yoongi i know." Helena breathes out- she wants him to know her understanding heart. "but that doesn't mean i don't want a future with you. i do i really do. you too right?" she pleads.

Yoongi nods- sides brushing against each other warmly.

"maybe what i want in terms of marriage and kids will change."

Yoongi interrupts. "i doubt-"

"there's so many expectations." Helena sighs. her beliefs are challenging but it's her truth and that's okay. "but right now, i hope you can respect my personal opinions. we can work on our future everyday. would that be enough?" she waits for Yoongi to respond- hoping they can work it out.

"of course." Yoongi stops them walking. he brings his girlfriend into a hug, his arms wrapping around her neck as his face lands in her hair. "you've taught me so much..."