034

034 // KISSING

"every word i write feels heavy with the thought of you

"every word i write feels heavy with the thought of you."

//

Yoongi sits at the piano.

he gazes at his friends and his girlfriend before playing his music.

the music that follows brings not just for him but everyone- solace.

when he finishes, his pale, slim fingers pause on the piano keys. his performance happened so fast. Yoongi breathes deeply and the heat in his cheeks doesn't decrease. it doesn't matter because he's performed and he did it.

he didn't prepare any thoughtful words but he wants to try.

the applause comes to an end as Yoongi stands silently.

"my girlfriend talks with words." he tells the audience who listen well. they fulfill their role. Yoongi's beige eyes meet Helena's in the crowd. their roles have reversed and it creates a giddy bundle of butterflies in both their stomachs.

"i talk with music." Yoongi highlights their differences.

"i wish i had something deep and meaningful to say, but what i do want to say is that there are so many things worth fighting for. don't ever give up on your dreams. keep pushing to become the best version of you."

"life is full of that melancholy shit but it's also full of the good shit... and sometimes that's what you need to focus on."

"my music is my sense of escape and it gives me the comfort i seek so desperately- in my lyrics and piano music. thank you for listening."

Yoongi bows. "love myself love yourself."

Helena smiles because older, wise Namjoon once said something like that. it stuck with her and now hearing the words from someone else special to her hits differently.

when the crowds leave, Helena makes her way to Yoongi.

"come here." Helena takes his hand and brings him away from the piano. she was so touched by her words- she thought she knew Min Yoongi but it just showed her that there's so much yet to discover. Helena can't wait. looking forward to life with him is a refreshing concept. "i'm so proud of you." she tells him, hiding a small but giddy smile.

Yoongi says nothing. he simply stares into the females eyes. he's feeling so much all at the same time. Helena can feel the intensity in the atmosphere between them- it's filled with unsaid words, feelings and thoughts.

he leans his forehead against hers. Helena's fazed eyes want to close but she can't look away from her boyfriends brown eyes. her boyfriend. her lover. her Yoongi.

he moves his hand to rest against her cheek and she leans into his cold touch. it's not warm but it's cold. they're both cold. Yoongi and Helena say nothing because there isn't a need to. this moment right here, by the piano, in an empty hall, close proximity, with each other is flawless.

"I'm proud of you too." Yoongi whispers and connects their lips.

the stars were jealous of the way they kissed. the stars wanted to be touched like that too.