025

025 // LIKING

"i loved you in spite of deep fears that the world would divide us

"i loved you in spite of deep fears that the world would divide us."

//

Helena runs up to Yoongi who's stood at the lonely bus stop.

how did they not notice each other before?- Helena thinks as her heart rate quickens. she's running and now she's out of breath. the lonely bus stop wasn't as lonely as she thought it was. it never was. all she had to do was turn around, open her eyes a little more because her neighbour Yoongi was always there. she just noticed now, a little late.

"hi." Helena pants. she approaches startled Yoongi and puts a hand on his bony shoulder in a friendly, habitual manner- an action that makes them look like they've known each other for the longest, nicest time.

"you know the bus isn't going to be here for another ten minutes. you didn't need to run." Yoongi doesn't attempt to move her hand away.

i know- Helena mutters. she takes a step back and removes her hand. she tries not to smile at the slight sadness on Yoongi's face when she removes her touch. he likes her, really? why?

i didn't run for the bus dumbass. "i was desperate to see you."

Yoongi's eyes meet hers. he tries not to show how surprised he is by her statement. desperate? to see him?- his heart is going insane and he wants it to stop affecting him so heavily. "i opened the suggestion box..." Helena states, letting him know- attention drifting onto the busy road.

"oh you did?" Yoongi doesn't dare to look at Helena's face.

he has no idea she's smirking.

"great suggestions." Helena teases. he has no idea what's coming and she feels advantageous. the control she feels, in her very fingertips makes the smile stay on her face.

it's a happy smile.

"that sounds good." Yoongi nods, pockets filled with his hands.

"i couldn't find yours though." Helena hums. she pretends to show disappointment and notices how Yoongi still won't look at her.

Yoongi waves his hand. "oh that's okay. don't worry about it." he undoes the buttons of his thick, layered denim jacket before repeating it.

"but i found a confession..."

"oh shit-" Yoongi realises what Helena is hinting at. his instinct is to cover his face with his hands but he doesn't want to appear embarrassed. he realises he probably looks pathetic with his flushing cheeks and surprise.

"i like you too." Helena grins. her smile is so contagious- Yoongi thinks as he dares himself to look at her. she's always looking back at him.

she never used to.

"more than you know." Helena's hand slips into his, surprising him.

like she always does.

//

i'm so happy uwu