048

048 // ADMITTING

"and he said, promise me you will never go back to life without a heartbeat

"and he said, promise me you will never go back to life without a heartbeat."

//

Yoongi and Helena make their way home.

their homes beside each other.

at one point, one defined home as a place with four walls and the other saw it as a feeling. it turns out that no answer is correct because a home could be anything you make it out to be. it could be a creative pillow fort, someone's hand, the park so yes, it can be four walls but the feeling that accompanies it is what defines a home as a home. warmth, need and affection.

they step onto the bus, not holding hands as they sit together. once seated, Yoongi takes Helena's hand naturally in his- fingers curling around hers as he strokes her silver rings.

Helena leans her head on Yoongi's shoulder, relief flooding through her body at the end of a long day.

once, they never used to acknowledge each other's presence as neighbours or fellow bus travellers. now, they can't see their lives without each other because the impact is too big.

Helena smiles when she sees Jungkook and Taehyung, with Jin trailing behind the couple, get onto the bus too. some people hate interacting with people they know but Helena doesn't, she's close with people for a reason- she wants to say hi and catch up.

so she does. they greet her back and take seats close to them.

the bus ride flies by. then, Yoongi and Helena make their way to the bustling, caregiver filled school to pick up their younger family members. the teacher Mr Jung greets them both at the small door, allowing them consent with a smile that matches the sun as he notices their holding hands.

Yoongi and Helena release their hands to hold Mark and Helia's.

after the walk home, Yoongi stops Helena from entering her house.

"before you leave me for today..."

Yoongi tries to hold all of Mark's items in one hand, stepping closer as he pulls Helena closer by the waist. "i want you to know something." he smiles, cheeks rising as Helena waits patiently. she can't stop looking at him- his eyes, his nose, his lips, his piercings...

"go on."

Yoongi brushes his nose against Helena's in a soft, loving way that makes both their hearts stop. "i heard you and i love you. i love you more than you know." he admits as the air between them turns into one of surprise but also a definitive love.