053

053 // FACING

"we never realise how frozen we are until someone starts to melt our ice

"we never realise how frozen we are until someone starts to melt our ice."

//

Helena arrives home.

she holds Jimin's letter in one hand, her phone in the other. she tries to maintain the anxious shaking but it gets worse as the phone rings.

here we go.

"hi. is this Jimin?"

"that's me." a familiar voice sounds.

Helena smiles, tears filling her eyes. "it's, it's m-me. Helena."

Jimin's voice is everything. sweet, gentle and low sounding. "hi little sister." she can hear his smile.

"hi brother." Helena feels her heart leap in immense joy. she's talking to her brother! the one she never thought she'd see again, the one who left her with countless memories. "would you like to meet up?" she asks.

Namjoon nods, standing beside Helena as he listens to Jimin's answer.

//

the family decide to meet in the park.

it's a lonely afternoon. kids are at school and people are working. Helena and Namjoon feel like they stand out as they walk down the stone path, looking for distractions among the bushes and greenery. a distraction from their nervous and heavy feelings would be beneficial, they think.

then Jimin comes into view.

Namjoon stops walking first. Helena doesn't stop, she walks faster and faster until she starts to run and before anyone knows it, she throws her arms around her brother. she hugs him tightly and buries her head in his neck, feeling him hug her back gently.

Helena honestly expected to cry but all she can do is smile up at her brother, slap his cheek playfully as he embraces her with love that never went away.

Namjoon's reaction is unexpected. he approaches the younger siblings with hesitance in his step and expression. he can barely look up but when he does, there's tears running down his face as he pulls Jimin closer.

he wraps an arm around his brother warmly before suffocating him in a large hug.

Jimin returns the warmth and respect from the unexpected gesture, smiling at Helena who stands proudly before them. their first interaction in years turned out to be better than they thought.

after catching up, Adora strolls through the park with a small girl that had changed everyone's lives. Helia arrives, hand in hand- ready to meet the man she never knew.

"so we're just going to go for it?" Jimin asks. Helena notices his harsh gulps as he stands at a distance. his nervousness is understandable but Helia is a smart girl, she'll notice.

"yup. ripping the bandaid right off." Helena pats his back, approaching Helia first as Adora let's go.

"hey Helia." Helena grins, crouching down as Jimin nears closer.

Jimin's expression is hard to read. Namjoon tries so desperately. from his short time as a lecturer, reading students tired looks and dull attitudes have given him experience. yet, reading his brothers feelings was the hardest. he was obviously nervous but was he scared? worried? happy?

Jimin stands still. he seems in awe of the female child. his mouth opens a few times, eyes filling up with adoration at Helia who's truly his. a gift.

"who's this?" Helia asks, looking at Jimin with narrowed eyes.

"remember that man i told you about?"

Helia nods slowly. "the one who left? the one you cried over?"

"this is him." Helena stands up, gesturing towards Jimin. she never thought this day would come. she thought about never telling Helia the truth as an option. "his name's Jimin and he has something to tell you."

Jimin crouches down, smile spreading onto his lips. his blonde hair is swept away from his forehead, eyes friendly and cheeks rising. "hi Helia." the name of his child is heard.