054

054 // BREATHING

"the silence after rain

"the silence after rain... how quickly the sky pulls herself together."

//

Jimin had rehearsed this moment countless times in his head. but all that disappeared when he stepped in front of his daughter.

why did he ever leave?

"you don't know me and i don't know you." the male states. "but i'd like to know you because there's something you should know." Jimin says, getting muddled with his words as he tries to control his shyness. how can a little kid make him feel so uneasy? he wants to appear calm, collected and comfortable so she can feel the same way. he needs to perfect this first impression.

"i'm your father, your dad." Jimin swallows harshly. he keeps his eyes focused on Helia, wanting her to know she has his attention and he's here to speak to her. "you're my daughter." and it creates relief in his mind.

"i told uncle Namjoon and auntie Helena and Adora here to take care of you. it seems like they did a wonderful job for me but i'm back now and i'm ready to be your father if that's okay?"

Helia nods. her expression and stance stays neutral. "that's okay." the reassurance in her eyes reflect back to Jimin's. "can i go on the iPad now?" she asks.

"i'm sorry." Jimin feels himself crying. this isn't how he wanted to break down.

"don't be. we have so much time yet." Helia seems like the adult in the situation. her mature attitude and reassuring smile is how she is.

Jimin has a lot to learn, he realises.

Helena sighs, a relieved smile plastered to her face as she heads to her home.

Yoongi waits for her at the entrance of his home. it's the end of the day and Helena is exactly where she wants to be. "ready to learn?" he smiles and holds up a biology book.