037

037 // LIVING

"i kissed her and forgot to breathe

"i kissed her and forgot to breathe. it just didn't seem important at the time."

//

Yoongi is very open- Helena realises.

after her talk on addiction, he wanted to give her his version. Helena was of course, excited for the idea. she'd always be ready to listen to him- his thoughts and feelings.

"here's my version. harmless addiction is a thing. let's use a case study. i for example, have the symptoms- advanced, like headaches, red faced when i'm not even angry. maniacal behaviours like wanting to hide. this type of addiction has no way out. the only way out which might cause death, but no thanks. addiction is want right? wanting. so heavy feeling is wanting too? then that defines liking. liking also defines falling deep. so it's a dangerous addiction. therefore, love is a dangerous addiction only the bravest can survive."

Helena says nothing. she physically can't. all she does is run the back of her hand against Yoongi's cheek- skin against skin before she presses a fluttering, gentle kiss to his forehead.

//

Helena thinks about Jimin, leading to a flashback.

the two of them walking back from school together. he's holding her bag of books and scrappy homework for her whilst she holds his. their sides knock into each other as they initiate a conversation full of tired loveliness.

"what do you think our futures will look like?"

"i don't know." Jimin responds. he's used to his sisters inquisitive nature- he likes how much she makes him think. "i don't want to say things like being married and having children. i don't want to say all the adult things."

the adult things seem too real. "what do you want to say then?"

"that we'll be happy." Jimin smiles as he swings the bag. "-and me and you and Joon will be together forever because we're family."

Helena wipes her tears. family huh?

Helena shifts back to reality and spots Helia. her eyes land on her minature figure and smiles. she takes a picture of one of the most special people in her life. that's family right?

//

the dangerous addiction of love is something i've discussed with a special someone. they've taught me a lot of things and i'm grateful for everything- for who they are. so i thank them for teaching me. i wish i could remember.