044

044 // THINKING

"the fact that we expect love to hurt is pretty fucked up

"the fact that we expect love to hurt is pretty fucked up."

//

a long day can be exhausting.

there's a part of you that wants to go home, change into more comfortable clothes and forget everything that you've experienced today. sometimes it's better to block out what your mind forces you to think of. then there's a part of you that seeks comfort in something you know you shouldn't rely on- whether that be friends, a lover or your bed. after all, the tiredness is temporary too.

Helena decided to choose the second option today. once upon a time she would've craved to go home, hug Helia and plan the days ahead- resting with a tired sigh. she'd write until her fingers ache from stiffness and her mind would beg to rest.

but today, an older, more sophisticated and growing Helena stands with her arms tucked behind her. she watches out of Yoongi's window with her experienced eyes peaceful, chest breathing gently- in a way that reminds her she's alive but alive and okay.

Yoongi's bedroom window holds the same view as the one from hers. it's the front of their houses- the small gardens, cars driving past but overall, it's a simple, quiet neighbourhood. who knew she'd fall for her neighbour?

Helena didn't think so. she never saw the mysterious, slightly irritating boy next door as a potential love interest. then she got lost in his words, his confession, his ability to listen, for her to shut up and want to hear what he has to say- she got lost in his being and she's never been the same since. it's going to hurt, it's going to hurt so much is all she keeps saying to herself but of course.

of course it'll hurt.

she squeezes her hands behind her, eyes looking through the glass window before she glances at the older boy on his bed. the bed he's grown up with, slept in- head full of troubled, loving and confusing thoughts. he watches her watching and he feels at peace.

"i like these moments with you." Helena says honestly. her and Yoongi both have to take a moment to breathe because her honesty is always bluntly rare, obvious but when she speaks her thoughts- it's what is needed. these moments are because of her honesty.

"when i can come back to you after a long day." Helena doesn't look at Yoongi. it's not that she's nervous about what she's saying- she can't dare to look into his dark coloured eyes with feelings in brown swirls that she takes too long to recognise. "and it's just you and me." me and you. you and me.

"just us." Helena bites her lip. me and Yoongi.

Yoongi stays silent. he's trying not to smile. man, this is his girlfriend- he wants to scream in his pillow.

"Yoongi?"

Yoongi clears his throat. "yeah?"

Helena smiles. it's too soon. "nothing."