023

023 // SMILING

"the way his voice sounds, or the words he speaks, i can never decide what pulls me in more

"the way his voice sounds, or the words he speaks, i can never decide what pulls me in more."

//

"do you know what it's like to be schizophrenic?"

"do you know what it's like to struggle to learn? a disability?"

"do you know what it's like to have bipolar?"

"do you know what it's like to suffer from depression?"

"do you know what it's like to be socially anxious all the time?"

"do you know what it's like to have PTSD?"

Helena sits in the chair, aside from the stage as the volunteers contribute vocally.

her eyes find Yoongi's from across the crowd and he smiles. he smiles at her. first. they share a smile and her heart is going insane.

when the session finishes, Helena stands and claps happily.

to have people who have experienced these things first hand makes the words more empowering. she's pleased with how well it all went.

"thank you for that powerful piece-"

Helena starts to end the session but a slim hand raises, indicating a question.

it's Jungkook- Yoongi's long legs, dark haired friend. today he's attended with quiet Yoongi. they're sat together, sitting up straight in their seats as they seem engaged.

Jeon Jungkook. Helena realises oh, it's the boy Taehyung loves.

"yes?" Helena points to him.

Jungkook smiles a small smile, showing his teeth. "why are you so awesome? you do such inspiring things-"

Helena blushes. she actually blushes. she thought it was going to be a genuine question and maybe it is, to Jungkook but she's taken aback.

"ah, thank you i-"

Helena spots Yoongi nudging Jungkook harshly. "dude-"

little does Helena know, he also whispers- she's mine you know.

"i did it on purpose to piss you off." Jungkook teases, nudging his best friend back- still smiling.

later on in the day, Yoongi finds Helena in the library.

he approaches her, making his presence known by simply standing there. "so i want to do something for your weekly speech .. meeting thing." Yoongi states- hands in pockets.

just as she's about to ask how? Yoongi continues. "i want to perform."