018

— an update for my princess sara <3

018 // SLIPPING

"i hope you stay around for a long, long time

"i hope you stay around for a long, long time. i think i want you in my life forever."

//

the next day, the university students pick the assigned kids up from school. a brother and a niece- both here with different intentions and reasons as they avoid each other.

Yoongi doesn't say anything to Helena. she isn't surprised. she can tell he's shy as a person and definitely embarassed after yesterday's event.

Helena finds it cute.

the way Yoongi looks away every time they make expected, now familiar eye contact, how he hurries away with his brothers small hand tucked into his, how his denim shirt flutters under his fluffy coat that keeps his warm and how he bites his lip nervously. Yoongi is fascinating in Helena's eyes- she cannot look away.

later in the evening, there's a knock on the house door.

"we gathered up some snow." Yoongi's frame appears. he's tucked into layers of clothing, a hat and scarf. "shall we start building?"

snow women? yes sir.

"hell yes." Helena grins. she's going to spend some time with Yoongi who's smile reaches his eyes.

Helia and Mark- the classmates and neighbours run around in the white blanket of snow. the kids' giggles of joy and thoughtlessness echoes throughout the entire neighbourhood- making everyone aware of how young they are. Helena can't help but look at the innocence in their bright eyes as snowflakes cover their cheeks, illuminating a red tint before they scream in snowy happiness.

Yoongi and Helena let them have their fun as they work away. they build snow men and women in their front yards, shovelling snow. their gloves don't help to prevent the frost touching their fingertips but they're smiling internally due to the restful frosty scenario.

"we're a good team!" Helena gapes at the white creations.

"don't get excited." Yoongi nudges her.

Yoongi immediately regrets doing so because Helena slips on the stepped over snow and falls. hard.

"holy-" Yoongi gasps, throwing away the ball of snow he had created. he was planning on throwing it at her but now all he can think about is how she's hurt. "i'm so sorry." his small hands scramble down to help her up.

Helena pulls him down.

"you're a softie." Helena can't help but smile as she watches Yoongi fall to the snowy ground with her. his hand slips on the snow as he loses his balance, their bodies hitting. his beanie slips off his head and onto her.

"i guess i am." Yoongi throws a snowball at her.

Helena tries to cover her face with Yoongi's nice smelling beanie but her reflexes are too slow. she gets a hit right to her red nose.

Yoongi sits up straight. the two of them are smiling. they're just like Mark and Helia who were jumping in naive euphoria. now it's the two of them, in the same neighbourhood- slipping and falling into something much more than just fluffy, dangerous snow.

Yoongi carries Helena in his arms, picking her up with no idea why.

that's when he slips again, on the same spot.

they both groan in pain. "why would you do that?" and "ouch." being heard at the same exact time.

"we're going to be in so much pain tomorrow."