Chapter 1

Penelope 's POV

I sat at the dining table with candles lit and my favourite songs playing softly in the background. I run my fingers past the line of the wine glass. It was empty. God. I'm becoming an alcoholic.

I sit up straight and pull my hair out of the high ponytail that was giving me a migraine. My hair fell down on my shoulders as I sighed sitting back on the chair. Clock ticking by, it just hit 10pm. Ive sat here since 8... waiting patiently.

The table was set up neatly for two. Food served nice and hot. It was frozen now. I pick up my phone. No missed calls. No text messages.

I blow out the candles, pick up my phone and bottle of wine before stepping out of my heels , I walk up the long spiral stairs into my room. I felt so alone in this mansion.

I take my make up off and sit infront of the mirror. God, I was sad excuse. Always getting my hopes up in a one person marriage.

As I enter by bed I look at the massive picture hung on the side of the wall of my wedding day, next to my gorgeous husband smiling.

"Asshole.. "I mumble before drifting asleep.

The next morning I walk downstairs with my silk robe wrapped around me.

"Good morning Mrs Young." Eva, our housekeeper says.

"Hi Eva."

"You okay?" She asks as I sit down in the kitchen. "I'm assuming Mr Young did not arrive again..."

"No, my husband decided once again I do not exist. It has been 4 weeks since I have seen. I'm convinced he does not want to come home."

"Oh stop it- he will come home to his beautiful new wife."

"Right?" I say rolling my eyes back eating the fresh strawberries.

"I'm going shopping for a dress for saturday's party."

"Who's party?" Eva asks.

"Harrison's business partner's wife's birthday." I say and she nods. "Oh damn."

"Hate that lady. Hate all of them."

"Yet you continue to go."

"These social events is how you stay at the top of the social pyramid Eva. Pay attention." I say rolling my eyes and Eva just laughs at me.

My phone rings and I see its Harrison. My heart flutters a little but then I remember I'm angry at him.

"Can't talk I'm busy." I say answering.

"Don't play games with me." Harrison says. God I missed his deep voice. He was always so serious.

"How about you don't play games with me?" I say biting into another strawberry.

"Penelope. I called you to apologize but you already have an attitude. My stay is delayed here in London. But I will be home tomorrow. I leave tonight."

"Okay."

"I missed you." He says and I roll my eyes.

"Sure don't act like it."

"I did. How are you? What do you have planned today?" He asks.

"Well, I am about to go-"

"Hold on a second." He says stopping me. He starts talking to someone else and I sigh rolling my eyes.

"Babe, I have to go. Call you tonight." He says hanging up.

"I hate him. I actually hate him." I say getting up and Eva laughs at me.