Chapter 4

Harrison's POV

I stand outside the front door inhaling the fresh air. Trying to get my anger in check as Penelope's words are circulating my brain.

Whatever I tried, it was not working. It was like Penelope had her eyes set on something and that was it. I fucked up, I fucked up loads of times and I have not furlfilled my promises which I understand why she ran into the dude's arms.

Lame. He was so fucking lame. Some poor guy from the Bronx and Penelope felt it was like her old life she was holding onto. He was like a lost puppy there whenever Penelope wanted to feel good about herself in her own fucked up ways. For Penelope, it was like a game. It was satisfaction. It was an ego boost and thats what she thrived on.

I walk up back into the home.

I was trying and trying to be a better husband and treating her better was a top priority. I was not ever going to accept losing Penelope. She was everything. She was beautiful on a different level, she was funny and she kept me grounded. She was a breathe of fresh air. When her eyes looked at me, it felt like I could melt. I became all about impressing this girl.

I hear Penelope in the shower as I sit on our bed looking through my phone. I lock my phone rubbing my eyes. 

Penelope walks out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her as she walks into the closet disappearing. She returns wearing a silk pink pyjama set.

"Im sorry for losing my temper P."

"Getting really tired of your sorrys." She says getting into bed.

"You're hanging out with a guy you fucked last week and Im supposed to be fine?" I ask her. She just ignores me as she looks at me. "Do you even want to be married anymore?" I ask her and she just sighs rubbing her eyes. I wasnt sure why I kept trying if this was going on for us. I felt defeated.

"If you keep hanging out with that guy, I can't do this anymore." I tell her trying to regain some pride. I'll serve her those fucking divorce papers she keeps threatening me with.

I get up grabbing my phone finding somewhere else to sleep in this house.

The next morning, I wake up early and go to the gym before I return shower and have my breakfast while I open my laptop and sit at the kitchen table.

"Morning, you have some company." My housekeeper says walking in followed by Nicola.

"Good morning." She smiles at me. My mother in law looked an awful lot like Penelope.

"Morning Nicola." I say clearing my throat as I shut my laptop.

So Penelope's family was confusing. She had a father who lived in the Bronx and then a mother who was here on the upper east side from a wealthy family. I know Penelope was close with her father and had a love hate relationship with her mother. For me it was the opposite, her mom loved me and her dad hated me. Guess he just hates people who have money?

"What happened to your face?" She asks and I blink a few times trying to remember what was wrong with my face and then I remembered my busted lower lip because of that bastard.

"Just a little accident." I say. "Do you want some breakfast?"

"Ofcourse." She says joining me at the table. "Where is Penelope?"

"I think she is still sleeping?"

"Ah, my daughter loves to be lazy." She says as she drinks the tea. "Is she okay?"

"She's fine." I say pretending to be focused on the egg I was eating.

"Hows work?" She asks me. Thank God.