Chapter 37

"Could you take this call?" Lisa says walking into the kitchen. I nod and take the phone off her and sitting down.

"Hello?"

"Hey Penelope. Its James Pieterson."

"Hi James." I say running my fingers through my hair.

"How is Harrison?"

"He's still the same..." I say

"Are they thinking of waking him up soon?"

"They said its still too soon to tell." I say. I knew his business partner was not just calling me to check in.

"Is there anything I can help with?"

"I know it is awful timing, Harrison was supposed to sign off on a merger." He sighs. "I thought you could but you're no longer married."

"We are." I say.

"Oh. Congratulations." He says. "Hes finalized the paper work. I just need a signature."

"I'll drop by later." I tell him. "Thanks Penelope. If there is anything you need let me know."

"Thanks." I say hanging up.

"Sorry he just kept calling..." Lisa says. "I'm going to Harrison's office and see what else I can do. I'll go after that to the hospital. Riley and Ruby should be back from the park with William soon."

"I'll take care of them." She says. "You go."

"Thanks Lisa." I say putting my heels on before I leave. Atleast if I looked good it would make me feel better?

Harrison has been in hospital for a week now. Slow progress. She did some damage that psycho.. she was still in jail. He loves the insane girls clearly.

I wasnt even sure what to believe. For now, the focus was on the kids and keeping it together whilst Harrison recovers..

"Hi? Can I help you?" I ask the boy standing outside the door. His head was facing the otherway.

"Oh sorry. Your security let me through. Its me..Theo." She says.

"Barely recognized you there." I say hugging him. "My mom kicked me out." He says. "She's been so horrible to me." He continues.

"Oh," i say. "I'm starting college soon. Can I crash with you? I know its terrible timing but thought I could help out?"

Theo was a problem and mostly away from home so I'm confused he got kicked out. He usually tries to stay far away from home. "Just let my dad and Cristal know youre here." I tell him. "Back soon." 

I head to the office and walk into Harrison's office.

"Hey." I say seeing his assistant Cheryl. "Penelope. Hi." She smiles. "How are you?"

"Im ok thank you. Are there documents for me to sign?" I ask and she nods.

"Yes. Here you go." She says. I take them and walk into his office sitting down. I felt sick being here. I wished he was sat here doing it himself.

"Hey. Mrs Young. Sorry to bother you." Cheryl says. "Theres a guy from accounting needing something?"

"Its okay. Let him in..."

Next thing I knew I spent three hours there. I rush to the hospital. I see why Harrison was so busy with work, it was like a freaking daycare in there?

"Hey." I say walking into the room where Harrison's sister Samantha sat.

"Hi." She smiles. "The doctor just saw him. Hes been responsive and doesnt need anymore oxygen. Hes doing fine on his own. Theyre thinking of waking him up..."