Chapter 39

Penelope's POV

Harrison and I have gotten good at playing our parts. Me, the devoted housewife and mother, Harrison, the ambitious entrepreneur and hard working, always busy father.

He dropped the bomb on me that Louisa is being released from prison. He worked his magic. Harrison could do anything with his charm, connections and money, he could make people do anything.

It was the thing that made me fall in love with him. The power. The ability to jerk me to my knees when he speaks.

But like I said, we continued to play our parts. Like clockwork, we did what we needed to do. I took care of the children and Harrison. I was here, always pretty, always ready. He came home and the children were either tucked into bed or ran around full of energy.

Some days, he returned home while I was tucked away. He slides into bed after a shower and feels my thigh as he kisses my cheek. He hand spreads my legs as I feel his fingers inside me making me moan out his name, forgetting my own.

I have grown accustomed to having three children. I felt a love for Ashley and he was part of my family. Not only because I was madly inlove with his father, but also because he was simply so damn adorable and the cutest kid. Riley and Ruby are so young. Its nice that Ashley actually has full conversations with me and he laughs at my jokes. He finds me funny.

"So when is the big day?" William asks Harrison as we all sat together for dinner. Children tucked away.

"Why do you have to make it dramatic." Harrison says clearing his throat as he picked up a piece of chicken parm with his fork. "She came out yesterday." He casually adds.

I look at Harrison. His eyes focused on the next piece he was about to put in his mouth.

This man put me through a lot of hell. A damn lot. Too many to count. Yet, I always suprised myself of how upset I become with Harrison. My mother always called me sensitive.

"So how does this work?" Stassie asks as she looks between Harrison and I. Suddenly I lost my appetite. "Do you need like a restraining order?"

"I do not need like a restraining order." Harrison says mimicking her. Rude. Stassie rolled her eyes.

"Well next time I hope she aims better. The heart maybe." Stassie says and William laughs. Harrison just continued eating rolling his eyes.

"What is the plan here?" William asks.

"I do not have a plan."

"Youre Harrison. You always have a plan." William says.

"My plan is for my child to have a mother that isn't in federal prison."

"What about Ashley's safety?" He continues to ask.

"Her mother has agreed to supervise his visits."

"So he is only visiting her?"

"What is this? An interrogation?" Harrison asks his younger brother. William just raised his hands.

I feel like I am sinking sometimes. Maybe drowning? Nobody can hear me almost. That is what happens with Harrison. He is the main character and Im in the background. Quiet as a mouse while he steers the ship that we call our life.

"Ive gone for sole custody. Its been approved by the courts."  He casually continues.

"Thats good I guess?" William says.

"His mother is an unstable lunatic. No guessing." I say and William and Stassie laugh. Harrison just continues eating.

"What is it with Harrison and the crazy girls?" William grins