Chapter 28

Penelope's POV

One week later

I really felt stupid after new years for relapsing back into Harrison world but I was quickly reminded of the jerk he was.

"So you do this everyday? Before you open up?" I ask Lucas who stood behind the bar.

"Yeah. Just making sure its all ready. My other clubs are fully staffed and ran but this one I really need to find a manager."

"I have a step-brother James. He's a manager at a club but is looking to change jobs."

"Oh you're already my link to others." He says and I chuckle. He was cute and fun to be around.

"Your phone is ringing." He says and I look at it.

"Harrison." I say answering. "Hey. Can I drop the kids off tomorrow morning instead of tonight? My mom asked if they could stay with her?"

"Yeah. Sure." I say

"Thanks for understanding."

"Whatever Harrison. I can't say no to their grandmother? You I can."

"You can't." He says and I chuckle. "Goodbye." I hang up and look at Lucas who wiped the counters clean. "So you want a shot?" His mood changed. I could tell.

"Yes. Surprise me." I tell him and he hands me a pink shot.

"So you and Harrison." He says. "First of all, I didnt even know that was your baby father. How did you end up with him?"

"Whats that supposed to mean?"

"Hes so serious. And youre so. Youre just a joker."

"Well, he just looks all big and intimidating. Hes a fun guy." I chuckle.

"He didnt look so fun on new years." He says. I was still protective over Harrison and I wasnt sure why. I didnt want anyone to talk about him badly I guess.

"Were divorced for a reason lets just say that." I say taking the shot. "That was nice." I tell him surprised it didnt make me gag.

"Good." He smiles. "Look, I like you Penelope. I am just trying to make sure I'm not entering a weird entanglement here."

"I know." I say getting up. I pull him closer by his lips kissing him. "You're good." I tell him. "As long as you keep them good shots going."

He smirks at me as he kisses me again and I feel his tongue entering my mouth. I liked Lucas. He was sweet and gentle and never said a bad word. He was so calm and didnt make me feel on edge all the time like he was about to explode.

"Anyway.." He says breaking the kiss. "I finish around midnight. You want to come have drinks and hang out?"

"I have to be up early for the children. Riley has kindergarten." I say and he nods. "But you can come to the house and drop by the day after tomorrow night. The kids will be at their dads."

"So you dont want me there whilst they are there."

"Im not trying to cause issues with Harrison. Im also not trying to confuse the kids." I tell him and he nods. "I respect that." He says.

"Okay. I have a meeting to get to before getting Riley and Ruby from daycare. They love being there and hate coming home." I chuckle.

"Who doesnt want to hang around a bunch of other babies and have unlimited toys?" He asks and I laugh.

"So you like kids?"

"I have a 6 year olds twin siblings. I also have an 12 year old sibling." He chuckles.