Chapter 2

The next morning I wake up feeling like a bus ran me over. My body ached so much I could barely move it. I opened my eyes and tried to sit up but it hurt too much. He kicked me too many times in the ribs. I look around and see I was laying in Carter's bed. Carter moved out of dorms and into this apartment where I moved out of dorms and into Harrison's mansion... I barely knew this apartment or this chapter of Carter's life.

I look at the note on the nightstand;

Good morning, there is breakfast on the table. Will be back soon- emergency at the office.

I smiled to myself a little. He was so cute- leaving me notes. Harrison sometimes went weeks without talking to me...

I get out of bed and think of last night. Carter wiped my wounds and pressed ice against me after making me tea and held me.

I hop into the bathroom and try to fix myself up, brushing my teeth with Carters toothbrush.

I limp around and find myself wondering what the fuck I am supposed to do now...

I take pain killers for the pain feeling insanely horrible. Everything hurt.

There is a knock on Carter's door making me freeze. I pretend its not happening and ignore it.

"Penelope. Its me, Stas." I hear and I get up limping over opening up.

"Stas.." I say and she stares at me. "Jesus!" She says shaking her head. "Carter called me..." She adds.

"Hi." Daniel says following her in. He just also stared at me.

"So.. you guys just going to stare?"

"Penelope... you look like you escaped death."

"I'm in too much pain for your judgement." I say limping over to the sofa. Thank God his apartment was small.

"Fuck. were just shocked.." Danny says. "You need to call the police maybe? Or get some doctors to look at you?"

"Thanks guys but I will be fine."

"Carter told me you were here... he vaguely told us.." Danny carries on.

"Penelope? what the hell is going on?" Stas says finally as I sit down and just breathe out focusing on the pain. God it was bad.

"We have barely seen you since the day you met Harrison..." She carries on. I look at her as she stood with her arms crossed wearing boots that were strapped up to her thighs as she wore a short dress and a jacket onntop. Her blonde hair was falling in waves over her shoulder as her green eyes stared at me with worry, annoyance and hurt.

"I'm sorry..." I say sighing. "Ive been a shit friend... I know.."

"Shit friend? Penelope, you havent even been a friend... and now youre back and messing with Carter's emotions all over again."

"Oh God." I say.

"You know Carter would do anything for you- even while married apparently."

"Jesus christ Stas, stop." I mumble. "Its not fair on him to be wrapped again and just dragged along with whatever life you wanna live."

"Okay enough Stas." Danny says shaking his head. "Stas is just hurt that you just disappeared on us." He says. "We kind spent every minute of our life together since high school..."

"I'm sorry. I really am..." I say staring at Stas who sits down next to me. "Cool- so lets go burn his house down." She says putting her arm around me.

"No... I kind of deserved this. Married woman and I slept with Carter." I say and Stas looks at me.

"No. You didn't." She frowns.