Chapter 26

"Here, look Riley." I say handing him his iPad where his father was facetiming him.

He sits down and I can see Harrison's face. "Hey Ri."

"Hey Harry." Riley says as he giggles making Harrison laugh. He has started calling us by our first names. I chuckle watching Ruby crawls over to Riley.

Harrison had left and has been in South Africa for about a week. We just acted like that little moment didn't happen. I also went on his instagram and found this girl following him. So, I went on her page being a psycho ex-wife. She posted a picture of her in a hotel bed. I saw Harrison hand on her throat as she took a selfie. I knew his hand and I sure as hell knew his custom made million dollar watch.

Good to see he moved on. It was like things never clicked for me. Until now when I saw him with this pretty little thing.

"Can I take talk to your mom for a minute?" Harrison asks Riley who nods getting up. Ruby starts crying for her father and I pick her up taking the tablet. "Yes?"

"I'm back tomorrow. I wanted to take the kids to Cabo for two days and bring them back for Christmas."

"Okay." I say as he just looks at me.

"William said he wants to host Christmas."

"William and Stassie." I correct him and he rolled his eyes. "Cool. So what do you want to do?"

"I was going to see my dad for Christmas?"

"My parents and Samantha coming to Christmas meal too. I thought it be nice for the kids to see them."

"So what? Since when is family important to you? Per agreement, its my Christmas." I tell him annoyed.

"It was just an idea. Why you getting so worked up for? William said you were coming for the dinner and were spending Christmas Eve with your father."

"It wasnt 100%. I changed my mind." I say

"Whatever Penelope." He says putting the phone down. I put tbe tablet down and look at Riley who just stared at me confused I guess of my change of attitude.

"Lets get some lunch." I say sighing. This Christmas party/ dinner wasnt going to go well but I couldnt be selfish? I just wanted to piss Harrison off even more.

"Hey." I say watching Melody come into my kitchen as I was having lunch with the kids.

"Hi. Your housekeeper let me in." She says smiling. "Hi babies." She says as she greets the kids. "You guys made the prettiest babies on Earth."

"Thanks?" I chuckle. "How are you?"

"Good sorry to drop by unannounced." She says sitting down.

"You want something to eat?"

"No...watching my waist." She sighs. She was a pretty girl. She had on a big pink puffer coat.

"Whats up?" I ask.

"Well, that dinner was a little weird I guess. I feel like you and I have become friends and I just wanted to talk to you."

"Oh. Yes sure." I say. "Whats up?"

Riley started flicking his sandwiches making me pick them up. Ruby found it hilarious. "Riley. No." I tell him. "We do not waste food."

"But I want chocolate." He says

"Finish first." I tell him.

"Sorry carry on." I tell Melody who just smiled at Riley.

"Does Carter still have feelings for you?" She asks. I stop feeding Ruby and look at her.