Chapter 20

Harrison's POV

I sit in my car outside my parents house. I was leaving tomorrow morning but I couldnt stay in my house. The image of Penelope and Simone was burned into my brain.

She wasnt into girls. I knew she wasnt inlove with that girl but now that I think of it, Simone was more than a nanny. She was always up in Penelope's shit and was always busy with her being a 'friend'.

I tried fucking everything with Penelope. The gifts, being there, spending time with her and Riley. She was having her own fucking identity crisis and Im the one to always blame.

Penelope was pregnant and she was all over the place. I look at my phone and see Simone calling me. She must be crazy.

I answer after staring at it for a year. I was worried something happened to Riley.

"What." I say

"Harrison. Harrison." She says crying. All over a job?

"What is your problem?" I say confused.

"You have to come here. Penelope is not waking up. Ive called an ambulance. I cant leave Riley."

"What thenfuck are you talking about?" I say but she was literally hyperventilating.

I put the phone down and drive home. Maybe race home. I get there in 10 minutes. Maybe less. I watch an ambulance crew outside and police everywhere. Penelope had blood all over her and had her eyes closed.

"Penelope? Penelope." I say stopping them. "Sir please." The guy says. "Im her husband. What do you mean?" I say shoving him back. "Shes pregnant."

"We need to get her to a hospital." He tells me as the police now push me back.

"Where is my child?" I say as I look at Simone. "What happened?"

Simone just stared at me covered in blood. "Upstairs. Sleeping." She says as she was just staring out. She held the baby monitor.

I run upstairs and look at Riley. I pick him up as he was sleeping. I call William who doesnt answer. He calls me back after a second.

"Must be crazy calling me at this hour."

"I... i need some help. Im home." I tell him. "Penelope just been taken to hospital."

"What?"

"Sir. We need to talk to you." An officer says and I look at him following him downstairs holding Riley tight.

"What happened?"

"There is a dead body in your bedroom sir." He says and I just frown. It wasnt Penelope who was wheeled out of here. I am so confused.

"You know an Olivia Henderson." He says but I couldnt answer.

"Your nanny says she came trying to hurt your wife by taking the baby out of her."

"What?" I say again. I wasnt taking any of this in. "Your nanny heard the screams who was downstairs. She said she saw Olivia stabbing Penelope in the leg and arm before Penelope fell hitting her head. She also said she then ran and then tried to stop her but the knife landed in Olivia.

"Shes dead?"

"Yes. Do you have security tapes?"

"Yeah. Outside. Not in the house?" I say and he nods. "Were getting the nanny checked out and she will come in for questioning."

"I need you to move Olivia out of my bedroom." I tell him. "Im sorry. Theyre coming in to take pictures. Your house is a crime scene. Youre going to have to take your child."