Chapter 43

"What time is it?" Ashley asks me as I watch him come down the stairs for the millionth time tonight.

"Honey. Its 10pm. You need to go to sleep." I tell him. He stood infront of me with his batman pyjamas. His curly hair, just like his father, stood crazy as if he has been tossing and turning.

"I cant sleep." He says as he chews his bottom lip. His green eyes stood worried.

"Okay. If we watch one episode of Spongebob together. Will you sleep then?"

"I promise." He smiles running up taking the remote as he sits next to me right next to me. I kiss the top of his head cuddling him.

Poor kid. His mother was still unresponsive and his father went MIA. Its been 7 days since we have seen or heard from Harrison. I didnt even bother finding out if he was OK or what he was doing. Fuck him.

Ashley was becoming challenging. His emotions were everywhere. He was tearful most of the times and was becoming aggresive and angry. He missed his mom and dad and was now forced to stay with a woman who was sorry enough to marry his father along side two screaming kids.

Would I see Ashley if I left his father? I couldnt rip myself out of his life... but I wasnt his mother. I knew that. I loved this kid.

Ww giggle at the episode and when it ends, I make him warm milk and tuck him into bed.

"Love you Ash."

"Love you P." He mumbles as he falls asleep. I kiss his head and walk back down the stairs.

I watch Theo walk into the living room. He has been gone for a bit. I thought he was coming back in about another week time. The kids all thought I had an allergic reaction to a perfume. So I didnt have to suffocate at home wearing turtle necks. My throat was still bruised but a little better.

"Hey sis." He says hugging me. He smelt drunk. His eyes glazed over.

"Theo... you know the rule." I say and he looks at me. "Oh. Im not high. Maybe drunk a little? Had to pregaming thing. Then I decided to come home instead of getting further hammered."

"Shit." He says then looking at my neck. "What the hell happened to you? Did he do that?" He says pointing outside.

"Harrison?" I ask.

"That son of a bitch. I just saw him? I think? Its kind of dark. The Benz is his right?"

"The white one is mine." I say but he wasnt listening. He was so drunk he thought Harrison was here.

"Harrison isnt here. Thats my car." I tell him and he just nods stumbling over to my purse on the coffee table. "Can I borrow some cash. I am hungry."

I take my purse and stop him. "Ill order you food."

"What? You dont trust me?" He asks frowning. I couldnt deal with another angry man here.

"Let go Theo. Im not joking." I tell him.

"Promise I will not buy drugs?" He says smiling at me now. He was switching moods too fast.

I watch Harrison walk into the room. He grabs Theo by his shirt and drags him out with him. Oh God.

I run after them and watch Harrison shut the front door. I was more afraid of Harrison than I was of Theo by all means. Theo was just drunk and looking for his next score. Harrison was supposed to love me.

I take a few steps back.

"Ironic isn't it." I say looking at him. He wore grey sweats and a white tshirt hugging him tightly. His beard needed a trim. He looked a little scruffy.