Chapter 13

Harrison's POV

"So everytime your wife kicks you out, you come back crying to your parents?" William says walking past me opening the fridge.

"Are you talking to me?" I ask him as I put my coffee mug down.

"Hi honey." My mom says kissing my cheek. "Good morning."

"Its so nice having you guys all home."

"What? Samantha is here?" I ask and she chuckles. "No.. shes in Paris." William says.

"Right." I had no idea of what others were doing.
Does that make me a terrible brother?

"So... you been here what? A week?" My mom says sitting down as she is handed her coffee. "You wanna tell me why you are not currently with your wife and new born baby?" My mother didnt even notice me here the last few days because she was always out on business and so was my father. Even now she stood in her cream coloured suit and heels on.

"Penelope wants a divorce." I tell her and she opens her mouth but nothing comes out.

"Why?" She asks finally. "Again?"

"Why?" William chuckles. "Because nothing about Harry is ready for a marriage where you vow to remain faithful."

"God." My mom says rolling her eyes. She was so full of love and happiness this news was crushing to her. Its funny because she was always happy and smiled and loved humans and hippy shit it was the total opposite of me. A self centred jerk?

"Before you make me into a monster I'm not the only one who is to blame. I had to do a DNA test on my child." I say trying to defend myself. My family adored Penelope unlike her family who despised me. Well 50% of them.

"Really? How did that work out." William asks.

"In a divorce apparently?" I say and my mom just shakes her head. "Im so sad that youre treating her this way." I didnt like my mother feeling disappointed in me.

"Eh? Hello? When was this news?" William says. "Penelope is way out of your league anyway."

"Says the cokehead. Do you not have your own home to go to?"

"Its being refurbished."

"You ever going to pick up that law degree you got and become a lawyer?"

"I actually have completed law school and passed the bar. Not sure what else you want from me?" He says

"Boys." My mom says. "Your house is being refurbished?" She asks William. She didnt even notice him living here? It was a massive manor.

"Or you had a party that got way out of hand." I say getting up looking at my phone. "Grow up William."

"Hey." My nanny says walking into the kitchen followed by my parents housekeeper.

"Oh my God." My mom says seeing the nanny holding the carseat. Penelope had finally agreed for me to see Riley. Its been a week and he already looked different.

"Thank you Simone." I say taking the carseat from her. "I'll be back at 3." She says and I nod. "The milk is all in here." She says looking at the bag. "Theres loads. You will not run out. He is due a nap and a feed." She chuckles and I nod again.

"This is my mom and brother." I tell her. Simone was only with us for a couple of days now. "Simone is our nanny."

"Hi. Nice to meet you." My mom says. "Nanny's are getting younger and younger I see."

"Not every nanny is a retired grandma?" William says and I roll my eyes. "So hot nanny's do exist."

"Jesus. Shut up." I tell him and Simone just chuckles before saying her goodbyes.