EPILOGUE

Harrison's POV

"Harry.. Harry. Wake up."

"What is wrong?" I ask regaining consciousness. I felt like I had slept for about 3 minutes.

"Your phone.. I think Ashley is calling you." Lila says as she nudged me. I open my eyes and pick up my phone that is buzzing uncontrollably.

I see a number of missed calls from Ashley. One from Riley. I sit up and sigh knowing what the problem is. Ashley calls me again and I answer.

"Ashley." I say

"Dad." He says.

"Whats the matter?" I ask.

"Can I have the code to your house here in London. Penelope has lost it."

"What do you mean?"

"She took my key away because I came home 20 minutes after curfew. 20 minutes!"

"Is that the whole truth Ash." I sigh.

"Why do you never believe me? All you guys do is make everything so miserable.. I have done nothing wrong." He says as he starts.

"So you think I am going to let a 16 year old stay in a house all alone unsupervised."

"I am 17 in a week? Why do I have to be supervised?"

"I cant have this discussion with you again Ash... just last week you missed 2 days of school to go and hang out with your friends where you were then arrested because you decided to commit burglary."

"I already explained that is not what happened.. I don't even know why I called you." He says before hanging up. I rub my eyes and sigh.

"You okay?" Lila asks me as she sits up. "Yeah.. sorry to have woken you up."

"Its okay... I need to pee anyway. Its like the baby gets a kick from kicking my bladder every hour." She sighs. I pull her in kissing her lips before she gets up and walks to the bathroom.

The day Penelope and the children left to start their new life in London, I hit rock bottom. I didn't think I would ever recover. I felt all alone and a sense of abandonment. I missed my kids terribly and I missed Penelope. One minute I had a family, the next they were gone..

New York felt empty..

With help of William and annoyingly Stassie, I got myself together. Burried myself in work. I saw the kids whenever I could. It was too painful to see Penelope at first so Rachel was always our go between. Communication happened through her. Nothing else to talk to Penelope about. She left.. then with holidays and birthday she would come back to New York. We built a professional relationship almost. Just exchanges about the children. Small talk. Slowly but surely it became normalized that the woman I was once madly in love with and married was now a complete stranger to me..

I travelled a lot, especially Dubai where I launched my second biggest offices and business. I bought a house here and had a lot of friends here. It was a great place. I then met Lila. She was the owner of the restaurant I had decided was my favourite after she gave me a smile. She was beautiful. Her smile alone made me curious. After Penelope moved, I never got into a relationship for two years.

I planned all my dinner plans at the restaurant. I tried to get another smile but she was often ignoring my existence or not noticing? Which was very weird because I catch a lot of attention from the ladies? Not being cocky at all. She wore wide pants and matching blazers showing her small waist as they were tailored to fit her like a glove. She had thick black long straight hair often down parted in the middle.