Chapter 14

Penelope's POV

"Hi baby." I say picking up Riley who was wide awake playing in his crib. He got big so fast it was insane.

I spent the last three months being a mother and I have grown to love it. It is actually the best role on earth. It is so stressful but Riley's face makes it so worth it. The lonely nights were filled with Riley's demands for attention.

He starts smiling and reaching his arms out for me as I pick him up. "Good morning. You ready for your breakfast?" I say as I hand him his bottle putting him back down kissing his cheeks. He usually fell right back asleep and I took this opportunity to get myself together.

I shower, do my hair and make up. I invited the girls over for a brunch because I have been absent from the social scene of this world and now that I have a child and no Harrison, I needed to still have links? I cant rely on my mother?

Hanging out with Stassie, Daniel and Carter was difficult sometimes. Stassie came with both and she didnt realize Carter and I are not a good mixture. He messes with me and he messes with my marriage. It caused a downfall.. I spoke to him briefly after Harrison and I split and we hung out and we had a good conversation about boundaries.

That I love you he blew up over wasnt even me saying it to him. I was helping him mend fences with his mother. Harrison just never listened. I guess that point I was really in two minds. I almost forgave but he reminded me that it was not so easy to forgive and forget.

I put my dress and heels on walking downstairs finding Lisa and Simone.

"Hey girls." I say seeing brunch being set up.

"Penelope. You look so pretty." Simone says and I chuckle. "Let me tell you something about these rich girls. They wake up like this."

"Stop it." Lisa says laughing as she was cleaning the kitchen. "I think your guests are arriving." She walks over to the door to answer.

"Harrison asked if he could have Riley for the weekend?" Simone asks.

"The whole weekend?" I ask and she nods. "He wants to catch up on time."

"Well... I didnt tell him to go." I say. I knew hes been back for like a week. "Whats that smell?" I ask wondering as a punch hit me.

"Oh no." Simone says as morning sickness hit me.

"Penelope." Katie says as she walks into the room followed by Amber and Stacey.

"Hi." I say hugging the ladies. It was Katie's perfume that hit me. "Give me a second." I say as I walk out the room and head into the first door and throw up in to the toilet.

"Fuck." I mumble to myself. The reality wasnt hitting me that I fucked up and I was pregnant once again whilst my husband served me divorce papers.

"Sorry about that." I say walking into the kitchen. "Come on ladies, brunch is ready and set up in the garden on this beautiful sunny day." Lisa says as I thank her following the ladies out.

Ive met Katie through Harrison actually. She was the wife of one of his business partners. Then she introduced me to Stacey. I knew Amber because we actually went to the same high school and was a rich heirress. So when I saw Amber at one of Katie's parties, it was worlds come full circle with my new life.

"Your garden is so beautiful." Amber says as I sat down.

"Thank you. Harrison had an obsession with an outside space with a nice view." I say. The view was amazing especially sunsets.

"Im not going to lie Penelope I was shocked to receive the invite." Katie says and I look at her.

"Why?"