Chapter 44

Harrison's POV

We fell into a routine. As you do with three children and a pregnant wife who cant even look at you. I felt probably at my lowest. I was hard nut to crack, but I felt like a cloud was over me. I couldn't escape it anyhow.

I even developed a habit of smoking cigarettes that I quickly killed because I cared too much about my health. The only addiction or obsession I had was Penelope and she hates me. I think she might no longer love me. I killed that part of her off.

I wasnt able to focus on anything. Louisa's death did have an impact on me. I felt solely responsible for Ashley even though Penelope did a great job pulling him in.

"Is he in school?" Penelope asks as I walked into the living room where Penelope sat.

"He is in school." I sigh sitting down. Ashley was now refusing to sit in class. Causing problems. Anger out bursts. He was struggling. The mornings were chaos and he would refuse to leave mine or Penelope's side. Kicking and screaming he goes to school.

Its only his first week back. Hes been off two weeks.

"Atleast today there was less breaking things." She chuckles. She was in her pyjamas and her her feet up.

I missed her even though we were so close next to each other. Her laugh made that cloud move away.

"How will we cope when there is a new baby demanding all our attention." I say.

"He can be the nanny for the baby. That will keep him occupied." Penelope jokes making me laugh.

"You haven't been yourself lately, it's nice to hear you laugh." She says.

"Well life isn't always great." I say and she looks at me. Penelope's beauty always made me feel like a little teenage kid excited that this pretty girl was even looking his way.

"I just feel like crap." I say rubbing my eyes.

"Come on cheer up." She says. "Atleast you dont have to go through child birth for the third time."

"Does it get easier?"

"No you idiot." She says laughing.

"So what are we doing? Another baby." I say and she sighs. 

"Yep. Gets easier after 2. With Ashley it feels easier?" She says

"Now were at 4. Were creating a freaking tribe." I say and she just laughs. "Im kind of sad." She says rubbing her belly. "This will be my last pregnancy."

"I can always put more babies in you." I say and she just rolled her eyes. "You are so stupid."

"So I like the name Reign." I say and she looks at me.

"Thats in my top 3. Did you look at the notes on my phone?"

"You made a list? You couldnt remember the names?" I tease her.

"I love Reign. But I wanted to do a letter A. To match Ashley." She says.

"Why do you make it so hard for me?" I ask her. "I'm trying to get over you."

"Keep trying." She says. "But I love Alexander."

"I love it too." I tell her. Everything she said I loved. She runs her fingers through her hair and gets up.

"I'm meeting my mom for brunch." She says. "I need to get ready."

"I havent seen your mom in ages."

"Well lucky you." She says and I chuckle watching her go up the stairs.

I walk up the stairs and head towards my office. I was working from home today because any minute I would get a call from Ashley's school to come pick him up.