Chapter 40

Harrison's POV

2 weeks later.

"Daddy!" Riley screams being the first one to look up from his toys. I put my bag down and kneel down to catch his tiny body that came crashing into mine.

"Hey baby boy." I say kissing his whole face. Ashley got up and ran over and so did his sister.

"Ruby why are you crying?" I ask. She pouted and Riley just continued holding onto me peeking at Riley through a side eye as he spread himself all over me, trying to leave as little space as possible for Ruby. They competed almost over everything. Its the small age gap. The same issue William and I had growing up.

I pick her up too kissing her cheeks. "I missed you guys." I say as I now hug Ashley and they piled on me with their little bodies.

"What did you bring me?" Ashley asks smiling wide.

I open my bag and take out the new flying helicopter for Ashley. He screams out of excitement.

"P! Look!" He screams as he ran to Penelope who I've been pretending wasn't here.

Penelope was never one to be petty with the children in the past. She didn't answer any of my call this trip and when I called Ashley's tablet it was always difficult because Riley and Ruby love to snatch and drool over it. Poor Ashley.

I finally look at her. She was sat with her legs on the sofa tucked in some meditation position.

"That is so cool. Shall we test it out tomorrow?" She asks and he nods. "Yes!"

I know I was an asshole leaving my pregnant wife with three children, one wasnt even her child. But my parents royally screwed my family name and business and I had damage to control.

I even thought of taking him with me but I could not disturb his routine here.

I was struggling with all this responsibilities added on. On top I had a muted Louisa since the child died. She was sitting in a psych ward after last night trying to take her own life. Left a note and all.

I had to fly back asap. If Penelope knew I flew back especially for her, she would be upset. I wish she was on my side to fight this together.

"Before I give you yours, can you give this to your mother?" I ask Riley handing him a little tiffany bag. Penelope used to love that I brought back diamonds from every country I visited. She was collecting them at some point but it just faded out...

I watch Penelope plaster a fake smile on her face for Riley as he rushed over with Ruby. They thought it was a toy and eagerly waited for Penelope to open it. She wore a baggy white oversized tshirt with nothing else on. She looked breath takingly beautiful. She had her hair in a ponytail brushed out of her face. Bare face, she looked pale. Her natural tan wasnt showing much.

She was so sick with Riley's pregnancy she spent the majority in bed. I was worried this was the case again.

Penelope opens it and shows the children the diamond bracelet. Ruby cries for it as if it is a shiny toy and Penelope takes her tiny wrist putting it on for her.

"You're so pretty." Penelope says kissing her cheeks. She lets her run off with it and I just watch Penelope trying to spite me as she turns back to her phone.

I stop Ruby and tickle her kissing her cheeks. As she was distracted, the bracelet fell off as it was too big for her. I grab it quickly before she sees it again and demands to play with a diamond bracelet worth more than her whole life school tuition.

"Hi Lisa." I say as she walked past.

"Hello Harrison. Nice to have you back." She says. "Penelope you havent eaten, ill prepare you both a plate while I get Danni to put the children to bed."