Chapter Six

Chapter Six

***Warning!!! BxB sexual content ahead. Proceed with caution.***

If you allow yourself to dwell on the past, moving forward will prove to be difficult. I forgave Jordan immediately after he let me out and I don't regret it. He was right for behaving the way he did, given his history with rogues. He proceeded with caution and he did it for the well-being of his pack.

Daniel, on the other hand, is another story. I hold no grudges but when it comes to him, I can't move past the things he said to me so I'm choosing to forget all about him and his ego. As Sam said, Jordan ended up not kicking that asshole out but instead demoted him. Now Jordan is Beta-less.

I have not seen him at mealtime and shockingly, Sam hasn't been at meal time either. I have a feeling that he's trying to avoid me. We had a moment in his room where he said he liked me and I couldn't bring myself to say anything.

What was I supposed to say? That I like him too?
I mean, I do like him but I don't think I like him the way he likes me. I may not meet his expectations and I would hate for him to get hurt because of my inability to create bonds with people. Then again, I may be overthinking. He might not even be avoiding me, he's probably busy. He's probably hanging out with his friends. Either way, I should just chill.

"Is this right?" I ask Helena. She leans over and looks down at my "minced" peppers. I offered to help her cook when I have zero culinary experience. She smiles, "good but a little more..." I nod and resume my mincing. I should find a hobby, most of the time, I am bored out of my mind. Maybe gardening, nope, I don't like dirt under my fingernails. Bird watching, that's just as boring as doing nothing. Knitting, I would rather stab my self in the eyes.

"So, I haven't seen you and Sam hanging out...trouble in paradise?" Helena asks abruptly.

I shrug, "Wouldn't call it paradise but yeah, he told me likes me a lot and I didn't say anything."

She scoffs, "That's it? Sam is not the kind of guy to get upset over something so...minute."

"Well...we almost had sex and then got interrupted but I doubt that's the root of the problem." I shrug carelessly.

Her jaw drops which she then follows with a cheeky grin, "I'm speechless... the same day you tell me you aren't right for him is the same day you guys almost had sex!" She says sarcastically. "I said I wasn't right for him, I never said I didn't want to have sex with him. Big difference!" I argue.

She frowns, "Is that really all you want out of it? I mean, Sam is one of the sweetest guys I know and he likes you."

"No. No. Obviously, I don't want to just sleep with him and dismiss him. It's just that if something were to develop, I would suck at it and he'd probably get hurt." I say placing the knife down on the cutting board. She nods with understanding, "So then you do like him?" Her voice beams with excitement. Remaining quiet, I begin to mull over the question at hand. I don't not like him. He's the polar opposite of me and yet, I am more comfortable around him than I am around anyone. Not that I have anyone else.

She takes note of my silence, "You can mix them with the onions now." She instructs me gingerly. I pour the peppers into the bright green bowl that contains the onions. Picking up the wooden spoon, I vigorously mix the two items, creating a colorful salad. Easy, yet it took me a decade to mince ONE bell pepper.

"Helena! Do you think I could get- Blaine..." Sam's voice ruptures through the kitchen from the hallway. He looks at me with a guilty frown. Like he somehow disappointed me and can't stand to look directly into my eyes.