Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

**Sexual Content Ahead!!! Please proceed with caution!!**

A few weeks have passed, I was officially inducted as a pack member and had to shift in front of the whole pack. I don't shift often mostly because it hurts like a bitch. I don't get how some werewolves can shift multiple times a day. It doesn't feel good unless they're all masochists.

Sam took on the title of Beta, it was kind of sexy watching his eyes shift from a bright ocean blue to a bright sunny yellow. I got to watch both Jordan and Sam howl at the moon which was cool but I hoped to see Jordan's wolf. He didn't shift.

After that night, Sam and I haven't seen each other that much. He's been busy with the holiday party celebrations. So has Helena, she's been cooped up in the kitchen with the other chefs trying to perfect a menu. It's been a lonely two weeks but on the bright side, I made a new friend. Charlotte.

When She and I were organizing the new books, we got to know each other a little. I found out that her mate is one of the warrior wolves which means her mate has probably been an asshole to me. She's nineteen and she joined the pack after Jordan took the title of Alpha.

She and I have hung out in the library but not for long periods of time. I promised that I would go with her to the shops in town to pick out her outfit for the party. I too have to get an outfit because I'm pretty sure Jordan and Helena would be pissed if I pulled up in some sweatpants and a t-shirt.

I grab a stack of money from my bag and shove it in my pocket. I never bought a wallet because I never felt the need to. I always carried my money in my bag. I still haven't found a safe place to hide all of it. Sam has suggested opening a bank account but I can't do that, I don't know my social security number, I don't have my birth certificate, and I don't have any form of ID.

My job at the bar was under the table. The owner of the bar owed Donovan money so Donovan asked him to give me a job in order to settle his debt.
I'm a ghost. Boo!

I shove my bag back under my bed and leave the room. Today the house is hectic, everyone is running around like headless chickens. The party is tomorrow night and apparently it's a big deal. Formal attire only. The last time I wore formal attire was eleven years ago for my court date. This should be fun.

I quickly jogged down the stairs and out of the front door. The gates are wide open, and cars are coming in and out. "Blaine!" I hear Charlotte's familiar soft voice call from a black SUV.

I walk towards the car, I wonder why a tiny girl like her drives such a big car. I can barely see her behind the wheel. I get in the passenger seat and strap on my seatbelt. "Ready?" She asks putting the car in drive.

The car doesn't smell like her, it smells manly. I figure that the car belongs to her mate, who I still haven't met. I thought he might have been one the ones who brought me in but according to her, he's on training with some other warrior wolves. "The shops are going to be so busy today!" She groans as we pull out of the long winding driveway.

"No doubt. The house is a war zone right now." I say running my fingers through my hair. I'm about due for a hair cut but I've been lazy. At least that's what I'm calling it, I just haven't wanted to go into town. I've been feeling like it's going to raise some pretty sad memories for me.

I wonder if anyone is still going to recognize me. I wonder if the cops are still looking for me. If they are, it's kind of a waste of time and energy. "So, you're nervous?" Charlotte asks as we drive down a bumpy dirt road. There's another car behind us, a guy and a girl sitting in the front. I can barely make out if anyone is sitting in the backseat.