Chapter Forty - Final Chapter

Chapter Forty - Let Me Save You

Final Chapter

(**Excuse any errors)

-Blaine-

Time Jump...

"Hi," Jordan smiles down at me.

"Hi, can I help you?" I ask sliding off of the couch. My original plan was to take a long nap on the couch to wait for Jordan to finish his meeting. Apparently, it ended earlier than it should have.

He smiles and places a quick kiss on my lips, "I missed you,". I chuckle softly and run my hand through his hair. I have to admit, I was hesitant about the beard but it's grown on me. He looks a lot like his dad now.

A lot has changed in the past five years. For starters, Helena is no longer the head-chef, she's now a proud mother of two beautiful little girls. Amelie and Ariana. Turns out, the real reason why she wasn't feeling well the night of my wedding was that she was expecting twins. She still cooks from time to time but with four-year-olds running around, she's got her hand full.

Charlotte is due at the end of the year and she's expecting a boy. Her pregnancy came as a surprise to all of us because she swore she didn't want to have kids yet. I guess her mate had other plans.

Hunter and Jessica are still happily together and soon to be married. Hunter proposed last Christmas Eve and they've decided to get married during the summer. I'm happy for them, Jessica has become a close friend of mine and it's been a delight getting to know her more. She's really sweet.

Jordan's dad remarried and now lives in the Bahamas with Diana and her son. Instead of a big ceremony, he chose to only invite a few members of her family, Helena, Hunter, Jordan, and me.

A year ago, we received news that Sam and Isaak were set to be married in the spring. I was happy for him, I called to congratulate them and I got to talk to Sam for a while. He sounded so happy and excited. He told me that it was hard to learn how to love Isaak but as it's written, he fell in love with him soon after. Isaak has changed a lot and according to Sam, he's a pretty good Alpha. It was refreshing to talk to Sam, it felt like the old days. The days when he was my only friend and the only person who believed in me. Things didn't work out between us but I will always appreciate the kindness he showed me. Always. Jordan even sent them flowers to congratulate them even though I know that he doesn't like Isaak. I don't either but he makes Sam happy so I can be mad at that. 

Every year on the anniversary of their death, Jordan and I pay his mom, Daniel, and Aaron a visit. I mostly go for emotional support. I know that Jordan wouldn't want to go alone, me being there means a lot to him. 

I still talk to Lara and Carson almost every day. John works a lot but I talk to him when I can. Carson graduated from college and took Jordan's job offer. He's now the assistant property manager for Westbrook Tower. Lara brings Micah around during the holiday breaks which I'm always happy for. He's grown so much these past few years. We live separate lives and anytime I get to spend time with my family, I cherish greatly. 

Mentally, I am in a better place. I'm happy and I look forward to waking up next to the love of my life, being surrounded by my pack, enjoying time with my family, and my friends. 

Life hasn't been all rainbows and bright skies, unfortunately. 

The first year of being married was rocky. Neither of us knew how to balance work and personal life so, after the honeymoon, we only saw each other when we were going to bed and when we woke up. Work consumed us so much that we began to drift apart. We barely made eye contact and when we did, we'd argue instead of enjoying each other's company.