Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen - Let Me Save You

(*Excuse any errors)

-Blaine-

"Happy Birthday Jordan!" The pack members cheer as Cohen and Helena place a beautifully decorated cake in front of Jordan. "Make a wish," Patrick says with a happy smile. I don't have to be a genius to know what he's going to wish for. He's smiling but I can tell he's not happy. When I woke up this morning, he was already gone. When I found him, he was sitting down in his closet with a bottle of whiskey in hand.

Jordan blows the candle and everyone applauds. "Thank you, guys! I couldn't wish for a better pack." His voice is flat and serious. "Anyone want cake?" He asks in a honeyed tone. Everyone cheers, "It's dairy-free!" He adds and everyone groans. I can't help but chuckle at the hurt expression on his face.

"I'll have some of the cake, come on guys! Cake is cake eh?" Hunter chimes in with a happy grin. The pack members laugh and some of them come up. Jordan cuts a piece of cake for him and he walks towards where I'm standing.

"No cake?" He asks leaning on the wall next to me. I shake my head no, "I'm alright."
He nods, "Dairy-free? It can't be that bad right?" He examines the cake on his fork before putting it in his mouth. I snort loudly as his expression turns sour.

"Where's the sugar? He said it was dairy-free, he didn't say that sugar was half off!!...did he?" He asks with a grimace. I chuckle loudly, "He doesn't like sweets that much." I explain.

"Oh boy!" He shakes his head with disappointment. His accent is so thick that every-time he speaks, I can't help but chuckle. It's cute.

"Guys, there's regular cake in the kitchen." Cohen laughs at the frown faces of some of the pack members. Everyone walks out of the dining room swiftly, leaving Jordan and me alone. "Happy Birthday," I say walking up to him. He smiles, "Thank you. They didn't like my cake..."

"Your cake has no sugar. The point of a cake is that it's supposed to be sweet." I say sliding my finger across the bottom tear. White frosting coats my fingers and I lick it off. Jordan's eyes widen and he stares at me blankly. Crap! Didn't mean to do that.

Henry was right, there really isn't that much sugar in there. Jordan clears his throat and shifts awkwardly from one leg to another. "Sorry." I apologize with a slight smile.

"No worries. I love being tortured." He chimes sarcastically. I smile, "I strongly remember you saying you don't like being teased but okay." I shrug and walk over to the window. "Can I ask you a question?" He asks coming up next to me.

He seems nervous. "Sure." I turn to face him.

"Leave town with me. We'll come back but I just want to get away for a few days. We could go anywhere you want." He asks cautiously. My eyes widen and I stare at him confusedly, "I-"

"Please say yes. We both need it, don't you think?" His eyes are bright and hopeful. It almost makes me forget that he's probably drunk.

I have been feeling claustrophobic in the house as of late. I have a routine of waking up, crying, reading, blankly staring out the windows, and tending to Jordan's alcohol problems. Maybe if I leave, I might feel a bit better.

I do have somewhere that I desperately want to go. There's a chapter of my life that I'm still stuck on and going back might help me finally close it. I'm sure that it's not going to be Jordan's idea of a vacation.

"Okay, but you won't like where I want to go," I say looking deep into his eyes. "As long as I'm with you, it can't be that bad." He shrugs and heat quickly rises to my cheeks. "Elk Haven," I mumble cautiously. It might be the worst idea that I've had but I really do think it's going to help me or it could make everything worse.