Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve - Let Me Save You

(*Excuse any errors.)

-Blaine-

I peel my eyes open after a long moment of silence. Jordan is standing only a few inches away from me. His eyes are now back to normal and he doesn't seem as angry anymore. He's just staring at me, studying me as if I were some abstract piece of art that he just couldn't figure out.

"You can't save someone that's broken beyond repair." He mumbles softly before walking back to the piano. I frown, "I don't believe that." I whisper more to myself than him but I'm sure he heard me.

He takes a seat and rests his elbows on the fallboard of the piano. "If you're not going to let me finish it will you please put it down somewhere before it falls out of your hand and shatters." He mumbles with his head in his hands. I nod and place the bottle on his dresser.

I look outside out of the big windows and notice that he has moved the plants away from the edge probably to keep them away from the merciless snow. "Do you play?" I ask in hope of changing the conversation to something more light-hearted. He scoffs, "I use to. Not anymore."

"So why do you have a piano if you're not playing it?" I ask walking over to him. He stays quiet for a moment.

"Its a relic." He says lifting his head and setting his hands on his lap.

I read somewhere that a relic is something that holds sentimental value and usually holds historic value. "It was Aaron's?" I question benevolently. He simply nods and we stay quiet for a moment. The sound of snow hitting the roof amplifies from our silence.

"You don't have to stand there..." He says without looking at me. I frown, "Oh-"

"I mean you can have a seat." He says looking down at the spot next to him. Heat rises to my cheeks, I'm an idiot. Also, he's offering me a seat on Aaron's relic, something about that makes me feel weird and fidgety.

"Don't worry, Aaron won't be mad." He chuckles jokingly. My eyes widen and I stare at him, surprised at his dark humor. "Scared?" He asks looking up at me finally. I shake my head no and sit down gently next to him. He smells of expensive but very nice cologne.

An awkward silence arises as I fidget nervously. "Do I make you nervous Blaine?" He asks in a low and husky tone. I bite my lip and try my best not look at him, "A minute ago you looked like you were going to rip my head off of my body, sorry I'm a little anxious." I answer derisively. He chuckles quietly, "You growled at me. I don't take kindly to that." He retaliates.

"I was trying to make a point. Sorry." I mumble.

"Apology accepted."

He raises his hand off of his lap and touches one of the keys gently. The sound reverberates off of the wall. Before the sound dies out, he touches another one, this makes a short tune. I look up at him and his face is emotionless but unshed tears are creating a bubble around his eyes. I press my lip together, he touches another one and a tear falls, landing on one of the keys. He does this two more times and his body shivers gently at the last one.

"Jordan..." I say placing my hand on top of his to stop him from hitting any more keys. A blind person would be able to see how much pain he was in every time he hit a key. He closes his eyes allowing the tears to break free and land on keys in front of him. I squeeze his hand gently to let him know that I'm here and I care.

Jordan's quiet sniffles fill the room, I remain quiet and ever so often I squeeze his hand to remind him that I'm still here. I have to put my feelings about the Sam situation aside, Jordan is hurting and he needs time to heal, he needs to not be alone anymore. Being alone during times of grief can make us think and do some pretty horrific things. I needed someone to be there for me after my parents died, I didn't have that and I made some pretty stupid decisions. I will be the person I never had for Jordan. I will show him that the pain he feels now is only temporary. With time, he can heal.