Might become a drop out

///Arthur///

I was crying, and thankful that now I could get Peter something heavier then what he has. The day went by and instead of going to work I called in and said I couldn't work today. So I walked home trying to figure out why Alfred helped me, even after I told him I didn't need it. I walked into the house. It was still too early for Peter to be home, so I cleaned up the house, like doing the dishes so Peter didn't have to, doing some laundry.

When it hit around 4 the front door opened, a heavy sigh, and the door closed. I peeked my head out from a corner and saw Peter with his head down, like he was crying. Was me being at work hurting him this bad? "What's wrong Peter?" I asked him. He jumped and lifted his head, then a BIG smile crosses his face. He dropped his bag and ran to hug me. "Arthur!!" he said as he hugged me now even more tears but these were from happiness.

"You're home! but don't you have work today?" he asked as he backed away to look up at me. "Oh yeah, but I called in and told them I couldn't go today." I replied with a smile. "But why?" he asked me with confusion in his smiling face. "Well, I am going to take you shopping for a winter coat." I told him, but the look on his face was unreal. It seemed like he thought we were going to steal them, but that was not the case.

"Where did you get the money?" he asked. "Well... as much as I hate to admit but... I got some help from theses guys named Alfred and Francis." I said to him. "Actually Alfred was the one who helped you yesterday with the bags." I continued.

"You mean that really nice guy, right?" I nodded to confirm his question. I will never tell him that Alfred was a meanful, hurtful guy after he helped Peter and gave me the money for coats. I picked up his bags off the floor and went to Walmart or what Peter likes to call 'wall-e world' but it doesn't matter.

But now I can't help but feel something in my chest as we walked to the store. I thought about Alfred. And this new feeling I never felt before, all I felt for Alfred before was hate and anger and now I can't find the hate and anger I felt for him. We walked in and still I couldn't find the anger. I helped Peter find a coat that would fit him for a 10 year old.

I found one that would fit me not long after, it was simply really, nothing flashy. It was a black heavy coat. Peter got a blue one that was a little too big but he wanted it to last awhile and plus you really couldn't tell if it was big on him from a distance. We paid for the coats and was leaving while pulling them on.

I was going to have to say thanks to Alfred and Francis when I see them. For the time being I walked back to the house with Peter a smile on his face. I gave a fake smile knowing I would have to go to work tomorrow. I actully was looking for another job so I could get more money for necessaries. For a 17 year old I could drop out of school and just work all the time. But then again how would that help Peter?

He seemed depressed when he walked to the door. If he thinks he is a burden then I would lose it. I try my best for him to be happy like trying to get him into a club or some type of after school activity. But he doesn't and I don't think he has friends. I nudged his shoulder when I came out of thought and saw him looking down.

He looked up and smiled. This one seemed fake. "Come on let's get inside and get our homework done." I said to him as we walked towards the house. He nodded. I unlocked the door and walked in, he grabbed his bag and ran into the kitchen. I went to my room to get my stuff, and went into the kitchen. I really didn't have much homework but when I finished I help Peter out with his.

After all his homework was done I decided to start dinner. It must be hard on Peter, coming home to a empty house everyday and no one comes by, I don't think, then gets up to again an empty house. I wish I could be around but the only time that would happen is when he is asleep and I just come home.

Thats it. I'm going to drop out of school next week, for Peter's well being.

oh no could he drop out? what will he do then? what will happen? find out in the next chapter.