magic stories and problems

(long chap.)

///Arthur///

It seems that they bought the story about me sleeping on Alfred's couch. I head to my room after Alfred left and I opened the books. I start to read the Latin writen words. Nothing so far. Just spells about how to get a spell to grow with a plant.

I mumble to myself trying to wrap my head around this whole thing. The rose shows the characteristics of Alfred for sure. It stands tall, looking proud. I look over at it and now it shows mainly red and blue. Barely any blue on one side and a lot on the other. Red with what seems to be red strips on one side and only a red cross with other red making an 'x' on one side.

It looks like one side is an American flag and the other is the British flag. That's new. I don't think I have ever heard a spell that could do this. Well a few things are for sure. It pinned Alfred due to the American flag, and it pinned another, as in me, Peter, or Oliver, due to our British pride.

I start to observe everything I can get about the other it could be pinned to. Just little things can give a hint. I write down everything I can find. It's a little bushy. Who am I kidding it is bushy so Peter is out.

I don't see anything that defines who it is. Me and Oliver are pretty much twins! The only difference is our age and hair color along with personality. He is a strawberry blonde while I am a sandy blonde.

Maybe I should tell Alfred about my magical powers, maybe he will help me find out who the other is. Oh wait there is one spell I know that I could try to find out the other. I got up and drew a pentagram on a piece of paper laying it on the floor, placing the rose over it.

I chant the words as the pentagram glows a bright red then fades to dark colours of blue, red, and orange. I repeat the words as a white orb flies over it. This is it. Who is the person? It shows it being dropped in the garden long ago.

It plays the story of the rose. It gets to the day Alfred found the garden and planting the seed. As soon as it saw Alfred a blue-ish light came from his figure. That's how it picks. It showed Alfred caring for the rose as it grew, with a smile on Al's face as he did so.

It showed years of Alfred caring for it, Then the day I saw it. It saw all of us. Me, Peter, Oliver, Allistor, Cartar, and Arawn. The same blue-ish light grew around me as I walked towards it. It is me. Me this whole time. Out of the others it found something in me.

I smiled because it saw something in me that is special. Then it showed the months I didn't come into the room, the 2 months it was lonely, the months I couldn't return. It showed how it thought I would never return. Then it showed me opening the door and it being so glad to see me after so long.

After another minute the story was over. The orb dimmed out, disappearing, the glow from the pentagram faded out, leaving the rose in it's pot. I knelt down and picked it up. "Don't worry little one, I will always come back." I said to it.

I set it by the window, leaving to get it some water, I came back and it looked as if what I said was the only thing it needs. I smiled at it and remembered my nature photo for art. I had to get that done as well. I got my bag and sketchpad out. I opened it to a clean page. I sketched the outline of the rose, looking up every so often.

I drew the leaves, pot, pedals, and pattern on it perfectly. I am way better drawing when it's in front of me then from memory. I couldn't help but feel like I should draw its story. Anything can happen in stories or in drawings. I drew behind it its story.

No one will know it all happened, only I and maybe Alfred. I finished with the background and hold it up to look at the drawing."That is every lovely." I jumped clean out of my seat, turning around to see Oliver. "BLOODY HELL YOU SCARED ME!!" I yelled at him.

He chuckles as I calm down. He nearly gave me a heart attack! "How did you come up with that back round?" He ask me. "Oh well I use magic to see who the rose pinned besides Al and well it was me so I used its story for the background." I replied.

He nodded his head. "Well it's really lovely." He sat on my bed. "I know what really happened last night and why you didn't come home." How would he know? "Excuse me?" I am confused.

"I know the reason you didn't come home." He smirk. I just looked at him, trying not to blush. "You did drink and you did go to Alfred's after the party..." He continued. "But you didn't really get much sleep." Bloody hell?!?! I couldn't hold my blush anymore. "The hell does that mean?" I asked a little annoyed.

"It means I know the truth not that lie you told." Oh man I'm going to regret this. "Did you use magic to see what I did?" I asked him. He nodded his head. I felt my face flush. I turned to color my picture. Why does he care anyways?

I'm 18 now I can move if I want, or do what ever I want. "W-well what's it to you, anyways?" I asked. I blush more just thinking about last night. "I want what's best for you." He answered. If he really wanted that then why did he leave me and Peter out in the cold for 2 years?

"Then where were you when I needed you most?" I got a bit angry. He stayed silent. "Huh? I worked from 2 in the after noon to midnight every day for 2 whole years." I heated up with anger. "I did my best to keep me and Peter off the streets, I took Peter as if he is my own son, I worked hard to get to where I am, you and the others did NOTHING!" tears started to form. "You know what, mother would be very disappointed in all of you, betraying me and Peter."

He stood up, but I continued. "I needed help and you all knew I did. I went and got a job at the age of 15 and I worked and worked and worked, I payed the bills, I made money for food for Peter, And now you want to step in as a brother?" I started to cry. Tears running down my cheeks.

"You had a chance and now I am an official adult I can go out if I want, I am still the guardian of Peter, I took responsibility at a young age. I don't need to be watched like a little kid anymore." He tried to reach out for me but I backed away.

"I'm trying to right my wrongs, Arthur, I'm trying my best now." Is that all he could say? "It's too late, you had your chance and you blew it!" I yelled at him. "You know what I need fresh air." I got out of my room storming off.

"Whoa what happened?" Cartar got in my way holding my shoulders. "Let go of me!" Oliver came right behind me. "Arthur, calm down." Why should I?

"No! let me go!" I yelled trying to get out of Cartars' grasp. He held me tightly. "I said let me go! Can you not hear?!" he kept his hold, tears still running down my face. Allistor was now in the room. All I could think of was getting out of the house.

"I'll go get his pills." I heard one say. "I don't need my bloody pills, I need to get out of here!" I yell. Peter poked his head out of his room. I finally got out of Cartars' grasp and I ran for the door. I got out and ran down the street, I don't know where I was going I just needed to go.

I ran faster then the others. I lost them soon. I stopped and tried to regain my breathe. I just needed to get away from them. I need to get out of this world. Just to get away from the stress. Just for awhile.