treinta

"what kind of dance do you think they do? ballet?" jisung questioned excitedly, taking his assigned seat and placing his bottle of water in his cup holder. changbin stared at the younger, waiting fruitlessly for him to notice why that was ridiculous on his own before just telling him.

"jisung, you dumbass," changbin's loud laugh roared throughout the hall, probably drawing attention from the next room. "do you remember what our music sounds like? why the fuck was ballet your first guess?"

"ah, i completely forgot they were dancing to zone," the younger stated quietly as he turned a roseate pink, grinning at his embarrassing comment. changbin calmed his laughter, wiping the years that had formed in his eyes with the sleeves of his sweater. jisung wasn't the smartest at the best of times, but that made for hilarious conversations, so changbin couldn't complain. when he tuned it in, the boy was unimaginably creative and talented. he was a great asset to 3racha, a great icebreaker, a great mood lifter and a great friend. when counting his blessings, changbin always counted jisung, even if he forgot most everything else.

"to answer, i think i remember felix saying they did a mixture of styles," the older recalled, "but contemporary hip-hop and street dance was mentioned a lot, so i'd expect that."

"that's so cool," jisung sat in awe, daydreaming about the upcoming performance. he couldn't believe he had the privilege of seeing his boyfriend dance competitively.

"i can't wait to see what they did with our stuff," changbin smiled. this was the closest thing they'd ever experienced to having fans before. they weren't sure whether or not it technically counted, but the idea that someone had used their music to support any art form was a thrilling confidence boost.

the pair's attention was dragged to the stage as the lights dimmed in the beautiful performance hall, the only light now emanating from past the curtains. it seemed the while crowd could barely contain their excitement as the first dancers took their places on the floor, ready to invade the room with undeniable energy. and, they did, astonishing everyone in the audience effortlessly.

felix and minho's group was performing last in the competition, so the two boys had time to prepare for what they were about to see. changbin couldn't wait to see felix dance for the first time. he'd been anticipating it since the day he found out the younger was a dancer.

the other groups before his were amazing. he'd never seen anything like it before. everyone seemed so passionate - like dance was all they had. every person on stage was dancing like all eyes were on them. they held so much power and precision behind their movements; like a cheetah locking in on its target, pouncing on its prey.

and yet, not a hint of doubt clouded changbin's mind. he believed in felix more than anything.

"for our final act," the tannoy announced, interrupting the applause from the audience. "we would like you to welcome UOTA's dance group to the stage with their performance: danceracha!"

disappointedly, changbin giggled, shaking his head at the name while clapping along with the rest of the audience. if asked who he thought named the group, he would put money on felix. while it was cheesy, the older still found it cute, cracking a smile at the thought of the naming process.

changbin's heart quickened in pace as three boys - the smallest group of the night - proudly strutted their way to the middle of the stage, waiting for the spotlight to hit them. the raven haired's heart could be heard from across the room even over the cheers and applause from the crowd.

a bright spotlight shone on each individual dancer as a familiar loud tone overwhelmed the room.

changbin's eyes doubled in size as they landed on felix who had coloured his hair a vibrant red; a passionate colour for a passionate person. the moment they all began moving, no matter what, changbin couldn't rip his eyes from felix. there was a flame about him that changbin couldn't begin to explain - a fire which no amount of water could extinguish. the confident, angry look in felix's eyes was what captured changbin. the overall presence he had on stage was... electric. his current infected the room more with each move, electrifying everyone without exception.