Looking Into the Past

Feeling inspired so double update!

Over the course of the next few days I work up the courage to begin diving deeper into the meaning behind the note. I didn't want to allow it to become all consuming, so I did my best to be realistic with my expectations. I wasn't sure what would be worse, not finding any new information and forever wondering what the note could mean, or actually finding something out about the accident that I don't already know.

The guys are currently on day two of at least a five day run to Nevada, leaving the workload at TM extra light. There was no repos and no stakeouts for me to do, so I was left with the mundane paperwork and rushed customers. Currently, I am entertaining myself with a bit of trash can basketball, when I am interrupted by the ping of my phone, indicating a text message.

From Juice: Hey Brooklyn. Just checking in :) How are things in Charming?

To Juice: Things are good. Boring and far less good looking without you here ;)

To Juice: And how are things in Nevada? Staying safe?

From Juice: Haha, you flatter me too much! All good here. I think we are still on schedule to return in three days.

To Juice: Good. I miss you.

From Juice: I miss you too Brooklyn.

I smile and put my phone back in my bag as Gemma walks into the office. "Gem, I'm bored. It's so slow here and I have been basically alone for two days. Can you cover for the rest of the afternoon so I don't lose my mind? Please?" I practically beg.

"Sure why not." She sighs but kisses me on the cheek as she passes. "Take tomorrow too Brooke. You deserve some time".

I squeak a little with excitement, "Thanks Gemma" I call, not wasting a moment to get out of the stuffy office. I decided that today will be the day I start looking into the meaning behind the note. And what better place to start then with the police and hospital records?

I start at the police station, choosing to ask to speak with Unser as opposed to his younger and much more moral counterpart.

"What can I do for you young lady?" he asks as we sit down in his office.

"Well, I was wondering, you keep records of all of the reports that are made and the calls that you run right?"

"Yes of course we do." he answers, leaning forward clearly curious as to what I am after.

"I was hoping to get a copy of the police report from my parents accident."

Unser's facial expression changes from curious to a look that I can't quite place. He answers after a moment of silence, "I don't know Brooke, that was a long time ago. I am sure that it is in the basement somewhere, but it would take a while to find."

"You guys don't have an organized system for filing or anything?" I scoff. I practically run the TM office and organization has become my middle name.

"Darling, I have a total staff of less guys than Clay has under him. Organizing files and paperwork isn't top priority around here." He pauses and I watch him assess my face which has dissatisfaction written all over it.

"Tell you what..." he continues, "...I'll get someone on the staff to do it in their free time. I just can't tell you how long it'll take. Okay?"

Feeling annoyed I give a simple, "Sure" and thank him for his time. The damn cops in this town barely have any work to do on their own with SAMCRO having full run of the place. You'd think the least they can do is keep their files up to date. Next stop, the hospital.