Date Night

"Tara is back in town"

Jax continued to look at me and remained quiet. I understood immediately that he did not know how to respond to the information, so I continue explaining.

I quickly decide not to tell him I had run into her at the hospital, because I didn't want him asking questions as to why I was there. "I ran into her at the coffee shop while you guys were in Nevada. She says that she came back to deal with her dads things after he passed. Says she accepted a job offer at St. Thomas".

Jax was quiet for another moment, before he got up from the chair he was sitting in and put his now empty plate into the sink. He came over to me and places a friendly kiss on the side of my head, "Thanks for telling me Darlin'" is all he says before he heads out the door. I sigh and find myself a little worried about him.

Between finding out that Wendy is pregnant and simultaneously having to tell Jax that Tara is back in town, I almost forget that it is the middle of a work day. Eye roll. I clean up the rest of the dishes in the kitchen before rushing back out of the house.

My new attire is much more fitting for the current weather and I'm feeling much more relaxed as I drive with my windows down and my music playing. After grabbing some paper clips I head back to TM. Gemma greets me as I enter the office.

"Feeling better?"she asks with a smirk.

"So much better" I sigh as I flop into a chair. I have to remind myself that she doesn't know the news about Wendy yet, so I bite my tongue. I am curious to find out what her reaction will be to it. I chuckle to myself, knowing that she wouldn't be Gemma if she didn't have a strong opinion one way or another. My mind buzzes and I can't keep all of these secrets anymore, and the need to talk to her comes to a head.

"So Tara's back in town!" I blurt. That is the safest secret to tell, because honestly it's not even a secret.

"Oh Jesus. That's just what we need. That tart to be hanging around again." She rolls her eyes. "Does Jax know?"

I chuckle. I can't help but to find the way Gemma is amusing. "Yea I told him earlier."

She looks at me, expecting more, "...and?"

I shrug, "He didn't say much about it. He didn't seem to care that much". I knew that was a lie, of course he cares. Gemma either buys my white lie or chooses to ignore it because she nods and leaves the office in search of Clay.

I shrug to myself, deciding that I have enough in my own life to focus on at the moment. The day drags on until it is finally time to go home and get ready for my date with Juice. I smile at the thought of being able to spend time with just him.

Juice had mentioned before I left that we were going to the one restaurant near town that might be considered fancy. He had seemed nervous again, like he was when he asked me to dinner. I giggle at the thought; it's not like he has been nervous around me in the past and I find it cute that he seems to be now.

I decide on an outfit that isn't too formal, but is also more dressed up than I'd normally wear. It is a navy blue two piece. The top is a halter top and the bottom is a short pencil skirt. Just a bit of my stomach is peeking through, and I've paired the outfit with a pair of black heels. I keep my hair flowing naturally down, and keep my makeup to the minimum. I am pleasantly surprised with myself tonight as I rarely put much effort into getting ready. Tonight though I am quite happy with the results of my effort.

As I put my last bit of lip gloss on, I hear a knock at the door. Juice is standing with his arms crossed in front of him perfectly accentuating his biceps. His tattoos are peeking out of his tightly fitted plain black shirt, and his head tattoos are deliciously exposed as he is wearing nothing on his head to cover them.