The Cabin

"You've been standing there for half an hour sweetheart. Why don't you take a seat"

"I don't want to sit Jax. I'm fine"

"Look, you said you've been having nightmares, which I know means you haven't been sleeping. I know you're tired. Besides, if I don't have you resting, Gemma's gonna have both our heads" There's that grin again.

I began to protest when he scooped me up into his arms. He did so carefully to be sure not to hurt my broken right side. I put both arms around his neck, I knew fighting against him wouldn't work and would probably only cause my side to hurt. He carried me into the bedroom and paused once we reached the bed. I looked up to him and saw that gleam in his eye that was becoming all too familiar. Our lips crashed together and this time there was no asking permission. This kiss was different than the previous two, and this is what I would have expected from Jax; it was passionate and left my entire body on fire. He slowly lowered me down to the bed without breaking contact with my lips. He then very slowly moved so that he was over me without putting any pressure on my torso, being careful of my injuries. Every move that he made was precise and calculated and that was sexy as hell. Jax knew what he was doing, and he knew all the right moves to make. Our kiss continued to deepen for a few more minutes before he pulled away.

"When did the doctor say you'd be healed? I'd really like to continue this soon" Jax said in a whisper that was breathy and needy.

"Two weeks" I responded with a teasing chuckle, trying to appear more confident than I was feeling. The truth is that I was feeling self-conscious and pretty intimidated. Jax was older and certainly had more experience. He was something of a sex god and for some reason, unknown to me, he wanted me. I want him now and I almost considered telling him to forget about my ribs because in this moment I didn't care. I knew he wouldn't though.

"Jesus Darlin', that's a long time. Here..." he trailed off as rolled to the side of me, opening his arm to silently ask me to move closer to him "...rest. The sooner you heal, the better" He finished with a wink.

I grinned up at him and I moved closer, finding the sweet spot between his arm and his chest. I kissed him once more, softly and sweetly this time, and rested my head on his chest. I immediately fell into a sleep that for the first time in almost a week, was free of nightmares.

When I finally woke up, Jax was no longer in bed, but I could hear him talking with someone on the phone from the living room. I looked out the window and noticed it was dark, Holy shit, I slept all day. I felt freakin' fantastic though, well rested for the first time in days. I realized that I should probably wake up and let Jax know I was awake, I am sure he needs to get home and I shouldn't keep him any longer.

I found him outside on the porch smoking a cigarette. Maybe I had never noticed before but God, he even makes smoking a cigarette hot. He was wearing his signature white shoes with dark jeans and at this moment, was wearing a simple blue hoodie. He had taken off his kutte before bringing me to bed earlier and I took a minute to think about what a rarity it is to see him without it on. Simply dressed in nothing out of the ordinary for him, but for some reason I found Jax almost irresistible. And right on queue, my cheeks are on fire. He has made it clear that he wants this, whatever this is, to continue, in fact earlier he had made it clear that he is interested in more, but I couldn't come to terms with any of it. In my eyes, he is way out of my league, but yet I couldn't stop thinking about his words earlier...I'd really like to continue this soon and that god damn wink.

"You have a bad habit of staring at people when you're thinking about them" Jax said without turning around to face me

"Yea well, you have given me a lot to think about"