The 'Ghost' Incidents

Natsuki's P.O.V

Ever since those days with Boruto, I've started to hang out with him more, but we kept noticing little incidents with people when they don't act like themselves.

Apparently Boruto is the only one who can see it, but my dad told me that he can see it as well. He described it as a blue shadow around them, every time an incident like that happens, he comes in quickly and resolves the problem, Uncle Naruto has assigned Dad to locate the person behind all this.

By the time the upteenth case occurred, I was convinced that my dad hasn't found this person yet.

But then, he told me to meet him on top of Hokage Rock, that was when I knew he was onto something.

I climbed onto Hokage Rock in the moonlight, and found Dad waiting for me, sitting on top of Uncle Naruto's face.

"Natsuki, come here, I have something to tell you." He said, beckoning me forward.

"Are you on to something?" I asked.

"The Uzumaki idiot finally got off his lazy ass and did some research into this, and we found that our suspect was collecting chakra. Now, prepare yourself, you won't like who the culprit is." He said.

I froze for a moment, then I mentally steeled myself, and nodded, "I'm ready."

"Our culprit is... Sumire Kakei."

Those words shocked me.

"Sumire? But... she's my friend!" I exclaimed.

"We couldn't believe it either, but she's connected to the Foundation." He explained Sumire's backstory, and told me to confront her soon.

*Time skip*

The next day, I arrived at the academy early to talk to Sumire.

When I arrived, I started talking to her.

"Sumire, are you doing okay?" I asked.

"Heh, heh, yeah, of course! You don't need to ask me that every time you visit me." Was her reply.

"Sumire, can I ask you a question?" I asked.

"Of course! We're friends, right? You can ask me anything!"

"... Are you the one behind the 'Ghost' incidents?" I asked.

"I... why would I be?" She laughed nervously, but I can clearly see the panic in her eyes.

"You're panicking." I stated, "Why? Why would you do this? I thought we were friends, Sumire, was that all fake?" I asked.

"You wouldn't understand!" She sobbed, then goes on into an entire spiel about how her father was a survivor of the Foundation and sealed a beast called Nue into her with the Gozu Tennou, she said that she's a tool of destruction and revenge.

"Sumire!" I yelled, nearly crying, slamming my hands onto the bedside table beside her. It startled her enough to see me tearing up.

"You're not just a tool!" I yelled, "You're still human! You're my friend! OUR friend! You don't need to do this!"

"Yes I do!" She yelled, then jumped out the window.

I just stood there, then I broke down on her bed, and stayed there all day, until the nurse finally got my dad there and carried me back to our house.

"Hey, hey, I told you you wouldn't like it, this is the kind of thing that you just have to put up with when you live in the world of shinobi." He reassured me, rubbing his hand on my back in circles.

I sniffled, "Yeah, I know... but... w-why would... she... do this? Were we not... her friends?" I asked.

"I can't answer that question, Natsuki, I really can't, but I can tell you that, in the world of shinobi, this is normal, and traitors would be faced with exile or death, but I promise that we'll bring her back, just like the Uzumaki idiot brought back the Uchiha idiot. Nearly killing me in the process, but he managed it anyway." He told me, then jumped away.

I wiped my tears away, and stood up shakily, I ran towards the place where my dad left to, which I can only assume is the place where Sumire is now.

I ran as fast as I could, and when I got there, I saw Sumire in a standoff with the Sound Transfer Student, Mitsuki, Dad calls him the 'Son of the Snake Bastard'.

I didn't understand that, but it couldn't mean anything good.

They charged at each other, kunai in hand, and I had no choice but to jump in between them.

I jumped forwards and caught their hands.

"Sumire! I refuse to believe that you are a traitor to the Leaf! All our happiest memories, the time we spent together, I refuse to believe that was just an act!" I yelled.

She looked like she was close to sobbing.

"Just because your father is a part of the foundation doesn't mean you have to follow in his footsteps! You are you! You're not your father! You can still turn back!" I tried to reason with her, tears threatening to fall down my face.

"I'm just a tool! I'm not a human being!" She shouted at me.

"You're human just like the rest of us! Your mind is simply brainwashed into believing you're just a tool!"

Suddenly, her face was relieved of all tension.

"Come then, Nue, take my chakra." She muttered.

Then, Boruto came charging in and attempted to catch her hand before the monster's snake-tail slammed down from a portal and took her into it.

"NO!" Boruto yelled.

"Kuso!" I muttered.

Suddenly, a portal opened up near us, Dad had just arrived as we jumped in.

"Natsuki! " Was all I heard before all sound was cut off.

Boruto, Mitsuki and I all plummeted down into a different world.

"Boruto!" I yelled, motioning for him to use his shadow clone jutsu.

He nodded, "Kage Bunshin no Jutsu!" He yelled.

Summoning three clones, they landed on the massive rope-like vines and caught us.

Suddenly, Nue appeared, and we were forced to jump out of the way.

I landed on a tree looking type plant.

"Raiton: Chain Lightning!" I yelled, sending a bolt of lightning through the ground and managed to stun Nue for a few seconds.

"Mitsuki! Subdue the beast! Boruto! Face off against Sumire! I'll provide support where I can!" I yelled.

Boruto looked confused, "But... Class Rep was consumed by that beast." He said.

Then, Mitsuki spoke up. "The Class Rep isn't dead, if she was, then the beast wouldn't be fighting us."

We had no more time to discuss as the snake-head tail came smashing at us.

I channeled wind release and stopped the tail in its tracks. Lately, I've gotten much better with my chakra nature transformations.

I held the tail where it was, sweating profusely because of the chakra I'm using up.

"Go, go, go!" I yelled at the others.

They leaped into action.

A/N: Wow, didn't expect it to take that long to write this, I had to do a little research on this part, especially Nue, but I managed.

Next chapter should come out in at most three days.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow. Peace out, everybody, goodbye.

Shadowflame 95, signing out