Save The Village Leader!

Natsuki's P.O.V

At night, we were trying to get more information on the bandits, when we came out of the house, we were suddenly attacked by the villagers.

"Get out of our village!"

"No-one invited you here!"

"You don't belong here!"

"We're better off without you!"

Various shouts echoed through the night, and we were surrounded.

Sarada instantly activated her Sharingan, and checked the villagers.

"They're trapped in a genjutsu!" She yelled.

"We can't hurt them, though!" I yelled back.

"Use Wind Release! They won't be able to resist the wind unless they are shinobi!" Boruto suggested.

"Good idea!" I nodded.

We increased the wind speed and knocked down all of the villagers.

We didn't find any shinobi.

Or the shinobi pretended they were villagers and fell down like the rest of the villagers.

"Kai!" Sarada muttered, releasing the genjutsu that was affecting the villagers.

I leaped high into the air, keeping myself afloat with my mom's kekkei genkai and checked our surroundings.

I saw Kiri getting wrestled out of her house and immediately dived towards her.

"Ranton: Storm Cloud!" I yelled, summoning a cloud above them, striking both shinobi with lightning but missing Kiri.

Diving down, I summoned my Storm Bow and shot a volley of rapid-fire lightning bolts at the shinobi and nailed one of them and stunned them for a while. 

I remained in the air so they had no choice but to throw shuriken and kunai at me. 

Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain in the back of my head, and turned around and faintly saw a villager join the shinobi as they retreated with Kiri, then I fell to the ground and fell unconscious.

After what seemed like seconds, I came to, the sun was shining in through a window, the worried faces of my friends were looming over me. 

I slowly sat up and groaned.

Sarada reacted first and crushed me in a hug.

Boruto joined in.

"Gah... Guys, you're crushing me, can't breathe, actually dying." I choked out.

They let go after a few more seconds of hell.

"H-how long was I out?" I asked.

"You were hit on the head pretty hard by a thrown frying pan. You were out cold for about ten hours. The villagers are panicking. They're willing to give up the deed to get her back." Konohamaru Sensei said.

"What? But that's the very thing Kiri is protecting!" I protested.

"Yeah, but their leader is more important to them than the deed." Boruto said.

"So the villagers know the truth now?" I asked.

"Yeah, we told them." Mitsuki said, speaking for the first time in a very long time.

"Are we going to save Kiri?" I asked.

"Yeah, let's go." Konohamaru said, leading us across the trees.

After a while, we arrived at a clearing, I saw Kiri, and was about to dive down, but Konohamaru held me back.

"Not yet." He whispered.