The Genin Exams - Part 1

Natsuki's P.O.V

My dad kinda helped me with the written exam a little.

And by helped, I mean he gave me extra lessons at home and forced all the information into my brain.

I found out that Boruto didn't cheat either.

Now, it's the practical exam.

"Our practical exam today will be a battle simulation. We will give each of you a white headband, that represents your life, if it's taken away from you, you'll fail. The teachers will be wearing these targets, if they are destroyed, we lose." Shino sensei explained.

"So, what? We destroy your targets, and we win?" Boruto asked.

"Heh, no, we will serve as bodyguards, the one you are after is..." Shino sensei paused.

"That would be me." A familiar voice spoke up from the woods.

I saw Dad leaning against a tree.

"Lord Hogo-shakage!" Iwabe exclaimed.

"Please, stop with the formalities, I don't like it. Just call me Haru, if you must, call me Haru sensei, but nothing beyond that." He said.

 They all nodded, "Yes, sir!"

All of them but me and Boruto, we just said, "Yes!"

Suddenly, they all dropped to the ground, all of them but me and Boruto, "What did I just say about formalities?" Dad asked, his mask already off, his right eye distorted into a purple eye.

"Sorry!" They all said.

"Next time you do that, I'm giving you all a free ticket..." He started, the class all looked up hopefully, "a one-way ticket to orbit."

The class all nodded frantically.

"Alright, now, your goal is to take this bell from me, Konohamaru, Anko, and Shino will serve as my bodyguards, to get to me, you need to get past them first. You have 24 hours." He said.

"Oh, come on, Uncle Haru, can't I just do it now?" Boruto asked.

"Boruto! Stop being so direct to Uncle Haru!" Sarada yelled.

"Heh, Boruto, you really think you can take the bell from me right here, right now?" He asked.

"As sure as I can throw these kunai!" He yelled, drawing several kunai, and throwing them into Dad.

Suddenly, he burst in a cloud of smoke, was that a shadow clone?

"W-what?" Boruto asked.

Suddenly, Dad was behind him and, using the gentle fist technique, launched Boruto forwards.

"You are so similar to that Uzumaki idiot." He muttered.

"We are nothing alike!" Boruto yelled, and summoned three shadow clones.

They charged at Dad and promptly got their asses handed to them.

"Don't make me laugh, you can't take me on alone." Dad said, then jumped away.

Boruto groaned.

"The exam starts... now!" Shino sensei yelled, 

The three teachers all disappeared, to their respective hiding places, and we ran into the forest.

A lot of people got distracted and sidetracked, Sarada and Sumire, who returned to the academy a few days after the Nue incident, took on Konohamaru Sensei, Mitsuki took on Shino Sensei, Anko Sensei was nowhere to be seen, so we ran on until we found Dad.