Chapter 11

"Can we tell my parents first?" It was the next morning and before we were heading to the airport, we wanted to tell all the family our exciting news.

''Of course we can sweetheart,'' Joe smiles, kissing my forehead. ''I know they'll just be settling down for bed, do you want to phone them now?''

I nod, going to grab my phone. Finding Mum's number, I dial her number. ''Joe, can you grab the scan photo real quick. Oh, and write on some paper Hello Nanny for m-hi Mum.'' I smile.

''Hi sweetheart, how are you both?'' 

''We're both good, how are you and Dad?'' I ask, smiling.

''We're both well, are you all ready for your trip?'' 

''We are. We're just going to get some breakfast, then head to the airport.'' I reply.

''Where's Joseph?'' She smiles.

''I'm right here, Rina,'' He smiles, sitting down next to me. ''How are you both?'' He asks.

''Very well thank you, Joseph.'' She smiles.

He just smiles. ''Mum, can you get Dad?'' She nods, getting up and shouting Mark. ''Hi Dad,'' I smile.

''Hiya, Dot, how are ya?'' His thick Australian booms back at me. 

''I'm good, Mum, Dad, Joe and I have some news.'' I say.

''Oh?'' Mum looks at us both. I nod to Joe, who brings the scan out, which was stuck to a piece of paper that said Hi Nanna, I can't wait to meet you in nine months. xxx 

I take it off him and place it in front of the camera. ''Is this what I think it is?'' Her voice no more than a whisper.

We both nod, ''It is, Joe and I are having a baby.'' I beam.

''Oh my goodness, Dot,'' Mum starts to cry.

''Are those happy tears?'' I ask.

''They sure are. I'm so happy for you. Both of you,'' She sniffs. ''You're going to make amazing parents.'' 

''Thanks Mama.'' I smile.

''Thank you, Rina,'' Joe smiles. ''We're very excited.'' 

''When's the due date?'' Dad asks.

''Would you believe it if I told you Joe's birthday?'' I giggle.

''Seriously?'' 

''Yep, September 8th.'' Joe chuckles.

''You timed that well.'' Dad laughs.

''Didn't we just.'' He laughs.

''Anyway, we'll let you guys go, we know you've got a long day ahead of you. Drop me a text when you've landed, OK?'' 

''Sure thing Mama, have a good night and we'll speak to you when we're back.'' I smile.

''Enjoy your trip. We love you both, congratulations again and we'll see you soon.'' Mum smiles.

''We love you both too, we'll see you both soon, yeah?'' Joe smiles.

''Absolutely. Joe?'' He turns to look at Mum. ''Look after Dot won't you? Look after each other. Happiness looks good on you both. Love has most certainly hit you both hard.'' Joe just smiles, rubbing her thumb on my hand.

''I certainly will, don't you worry. And thank you, that's sweet of you.'' He smiles.

Smiling, she replies with, ''Good day, Dot and Joseph.'' 

''Good night Mama.Good night, Dad.'' I smile.

''Good night, Mark and Rina.'' Joe smiles.

We say our goodbyes.