Chapter 35

"Joe are you ready?" I call to my husband. Today was a special and interesting day. It was Tracey's gender reveal.

"One second, sweetheart,'' He calls back, coming downstairs with my handsome, cutie pie son who was trying to walk. He'd almost said his first words the other day, but didn't manage it. ''Are you sure you're up to coming to Mum's gender reveal?'' Protective husband mode was on. I was two weeks away from my due date, so he was a little protective and cautious.

''Joe, I'm fine. I want to be there, OK? This is so exciting, seeing if we're getting a brother a sister.'' I smile.

''OK fine, but if you get tired, let me know.'' 

''Joey, I'm fine,'' I giggle. ''Come on, we've your sibling to see.''

''I hope for her sake it's a girl.'' He growls. Being twenty five years older than his sibling made Joe very, very protective. I knew he'd do absolutely anything for them. And I guess with not having the Dad in the picture, Joe would be that father figure, big brother role model.

''Look, we don't know what they are yet. Either way he's going nowhere them.'' 

''Too bloody right he's not.'' He spits.

''Hey, try and relax darl. For your Mum's sake, OK?'' 

''I'm sorry, I'm just being over protective.'' He shakes his head.

''No Joe, you're not. You're doing what an older brother is supposed to do.'' I smile.

''Come on you, we've got a sibling to see.'' He grins, taking my hand.

/ / / / 

''How ya holding up, Trace?''

''I'm alright, I'm just worried that I won't be able to do this again. I mean, I'm in my fifties Di, by the time they go to High school, I'll be old.'' She sighs.

''Hey, Trace, you can do this. OK? You're an incredible Mum to not only Zoe and Joe, but me too. And an incredible Grandma. You'll always have us lot to help you, I promise.'' I reassure her.

''Thank you darling, I love you.'' She smiles.

''I love you too.'' I smile back, taking a hold of her hand.

''Alright, are we ready to see your baby?'' Cassie smiles. I'd recommended Cassie to Tracey as I knew how incredible she is.

Looking at me Joe and Zoe, she nods. ''Yes I am.'' 

''Here is your very healthy baby.'' Cassie smiles.

Seeing Joe out of the corner of my eye with a tear in his eye, I could tell already how protective he's going to be

''They're perfect.'' Tracey sniffs. 

I rub her hand with my thumb. ''Would you like to find out the sex?'' Cassie smiles.

''Yes please.'' She smiles.