Chapter 25

Big thanks to @caitlyn982653 for this idea.  I've changed it slightly. But I hope I do it justice.

Warning- Mentions of abuse.

''Shit. Shit. Shit.'' I repeat as my breathing gets quicker. I can't breathe, I feel like I'm going to faint.

''Hi Joe.'' Her voice was full of venom.

''A-Amelia?'' I stutter.

''Well hello stranger,'' She walks round to my side and smirks. ''Fancy seeing you in here.'' She goes to touch my arm as I flinch, stepping back.

''Don't touch me,'' I whisper. ''Please, don't hurt me.'' I cower. Yes, cower.

I was shaking. ''C-Caspar?'' I stutter as I whimper.

''Joe?'' He walks over. 

''C-can we l-leave?''

''Bud, are you alright?'' 

''We need to leave. NOW.'' 

''Not so fast, Joe.'' Amelia tries to get even closer.

''Please, leave me alone.'' I beg.

''Joe?'' Caspar looks at me. ''Who is this? And what is going on?'' He had concern laced in his voice.

''Please, just take me home to Dot.'' I plead, feeling my eyes water.

''Alright, don't get upset. Give me your keys.'' Shakily, I throw him my keys, just as I feel a tug on my arm.

''I'm not finished with you yet.'' Her voice was cold and venomous, as she laughs. Her arms around my neck tightly, so I couldn't move or breathe. I look at my abusive ex. Yes, that's right, my abusive ex.

I met Amelia before I met Mara. Mara had actually saved me from her, when she was nice and not cheating on me.

Amelia was amazing at the time. She was so loving, and made me laugh pretty much all the time. I was smitten with her. Being 17 almost 18, I was naive, and thought I was in love with her and thought she was in love with me.

Turns out I was very, very wrong. As what I didn't know, what that she was an alcoholic and a drug user. Anything she could get her hands on, she would.

I remember the first time she hit me. We had just moved in together, and I was working in a bar to pay for rent, as she stayed at home on her arse all day, doing nothing. Or so I thought. As when I came home, there she was on the sofa, beer and a fag in one hand, and sniffing coke with her other.

As soon as I confronted her, she attacked me. She kicked me, hit me, almost broke my ribs as she threw me down the stairs. Knocked me on conscious God knows how many times. I never had any trips to the hospital, as I didn't want my family to know. I was embarrassed and ashamed at the time. A lad getting abused by a girl. It's not right if a boy abuses a girl, so to be abused by the opposite sex, I was ashamed. I had nowhere to go, and I became weak. I couldn't fight her, or call the police. I was a wuss, a coward and an idiot, I guess. I think a part of me thought she could change. But how wrong was I? 

I hid my abuse and all my scars for a long time. Sometimes with Make-up, but a lot of the time I'd wear long sleeve tee's. I remember Zoe questioning me one day as to why I was wearing a long sleeve tee in the Summer. I made up some lame excuse that I'd put fake tan on my arm, and didn't want to show people. I still to this day, don't think she ever believed me, but never questioned it. 

It also took a lot of trust and letting my guard down, before I'd ever let another girl into my life. 

''Please,'' I beg. ''Casp, can you help me?'' I plead, turning my head to look at my best friend with watery eyes.