Chapter 27

''Alright, sweetheart, I'm coming,'' I rush into our room, as I pick up a crying  Aleeia. ''Hey, hey, you're alright,'' I rock her back and forth. ''Your eyes could melt anybody's heart, ey?'' I sigh, looking into her brown eyes she got from her Dad.

''Is she OK?'' Dianne's head peaks round the door.

''She's due a feed I think.''

''I'll go prepare it.'' I nod, as I smile up at her, as I sit on Noah's old rocking chair and snuggle her into me.

''It's coming, Princess.'' I stroke her cheek, wiping her tears away.

I start to hum a tune to her which seemed to settle her, as she looks up at me with her big brown eyes.

Just then, Dot walks in with her bottle, as she stands at the door staring at us with a smile on her face.  She shakes her head, blushing as she walks in. ''Sorry I got distracted.'' She giggles, giving me the bottle.

''Someone was hungry.'' I laugh as she gulps it down.

Once she had finished, I burp her, before snuggling her into my arms as she falls asleep.

Placing her into the Moses basket in our room, I turn the monitor on and leave the door open ajar.

''I miss Noah being that little.'' Dianne whispers causing me to jump.

''Shit Dot,'' I chuckle. ''I know, me too. I miss him being that small. I miss having the challenge of first time fatherhood, and attempting it.'' I sigh, laughing slightly.

''Hey, you never struggled.'' She shakes her head, smiling.

''I guess.'' I laugh.

''Wanna make another?'' She mumbles.

''Huh?'' I look at her, not sure if I heard her correctly.

''I asked if you wanted to make another one,'' She walks closer to me. ''Joe, I think I'm ready for another.'' She whispers, putting her head down.

I lift her chin up with my finger, looking into her gorgeous brown eyes that I easily get so lost in. ''Are you sure you're ready, Dot? It's your body. You'll be doing it all over again I-.'' She shushes me with her lips.

''You talk too much,'' She giggles. ''But yes Joe, I'm ready for us to try for another. But, maybe wait till our honeymoon? But yes Joe, I'm ready.'' She smiles.

''After the honeymoon.'' I smile.

''Really?'' She has the biggest smile on her face. ''Then I guess we're going to try and get Noah a sibling.'' 

''We most certainly are.'' I beam as I kiss her.

''Gosh I love you.'' She mumbles as we pull away.

''And I love you.'' I bop her on the nose, as she giggles.

/ / / /

''Look at you two.'' Dot gushes as I have  Aleeia in my arms, and read a book to her. 

''Oh shush.'' I blush.

''I wanna give you a girl.'' She whispers with a smile on her face.

''You're cute,'' I gush. ''But I think your forgetting that it's me who decides the sex,'' I chuckle. ''But, I'd like a little girl. I mean just look at her, look how precious she is.'' I coo.

''I can imagine ours being such a Daddy's girl,'' She coos. ''And I hope she has your eyes, and smile.''

''Nah, I want her to have your eyes and smile.'' I smile.

''Stopppp.'' She blushes.

I just laugh as I smirk and continue reading her a book.

/ / / /