Chapter 17

Six Months Later

September 8th 2016- Joe's 24th and Dianne's due date

"Wakey Wakey, birthday boy." Dianne's gorgeous, angelic voice wakes me at God knows what time in the morning.

"Mmm. Are you an angel?" I smirk.
"I could be," She giggles. "Happy Birthday bub."
Leaning across the bed, I kiss her lips. "Thank you, my love."
"Do you want your main present?" She asks.
"Yes please." I smile.
"Well I suggest you grab my bag and take me to hospital." She smiles.
"I don't- wait?!" I look at her. "Are you in labour?" I try not to get too excited.
"Yep, baby Sugg is sharing your birthday." She grins.
"Oh my God," I breathe. "It's happening. Its really happening."
"It is. Joe, stop stalling. We need to go." She giggles.

/ / / /

"So let's get you as comfortable as possible," Cassie starts . "And this is a very special birthday, hey Dad?" She smiles.
"It definitely is my favourite birthday to date so far." I grin.
"Cute. Alright, so you're all hooked up and ready to go. Give me a shout if you need anything, alright? I'll be back to check on you shortly."
"Thanks Cassie." We both smile.
"So what we thinking? Boy or girl?" I ask. We didn't want to find out the sex of the baby, we wanted a surprise.
"Honestly, I don't know. But as long as they're healthy I really don't mind," She smiles. "Joe, you know how we were stuck for a middle boy name?" I nod. "I was thinking Richard, after Chippy." She grins.
"Dotty, you're so selfless. That's a lovely idea." I kiss her lips, grinning.
"So if we have boy then Richard will be his middle name." Di smiles. 

''How are you feeling? Are you comfortable enough? Do you need anything?'' I ramble.

She smiles up at me, ''I'm fine, honey,'' She giggles kissing my lips. ''Can you let my parents know?'' I nod. What Dot didn't know, was that I'd flown her parents over a few days ago as a surprise, so they didn't miss the birth of their grandchild.

''Of course, I'll be right outside if you need me, sweetheart.'' I smile up at her, kissing her forehead and step outside.

I phone Mum first.

Happy birthday, sweetheart.

Thank you I smile Mum, its happening. I'm going to be a Dad, today.

Oh my goodness. Are you really? I'm so excited. This is amazing, I'll make my way to London now.

Mum was rambling as I hear the jangle of keys.

Mum calm down I laugh Just get here when you can,  OK?

OK, I'll be here as soon as I can, I love you all. I'll let Zoe know.

Thanks, we love you too

We say our goodbyes, before dialling Mark's number.

Joseph, happy birthday, son Mark says.

Thanks, Mark. Erm you may want to get down to the hospital. My very special birthday is on its way I beam

Do you mean?

Yep, your grandchild is on their way. I beam

Wow. OK. We will set off shortly. I know Dotty will be so excited to see us.

She will, she has no clue. I laugh.

Great, see you soon, son.