Chapter 23

Big thanks to @suggwell for this idea.

''How about these?'' I ask Joe.

We were planning the rest of the wedding, which was nearly done, and were looking at flowers. I was so excited to get married and become a Sugg.

Noah would be eight months old when we get married.

''I like them, they're very pretty.'' He smiles.

''Me too, I'll email the supplier and tell them we'd like these ones. Now, all we need now is my dress, the girls' and your suits.'' I smile.

''Can I not come with you?'' Joe pouts.

I was off wedding dress shopping today and I was so excited. Zoe, who was now five months, was my maid of honour. I also had my best friend, Megan, from back home, Amy and Katie, who is also a dancer, as my other bridesmaids.

''No, Joe. I'm going wedding dress shopping. You are not allowed to see my dress before the big day.'' I giggle.

He pouts. ''Really?''

''Yes Joey, I want you to have the surprise.'' I smile.

''Fineeee,'' He whines. ''I guess I can wait for the surprise.'' He smirks.

''You'll have to.'' I giggle, just as the door goes.

As I open it I raise a brow, seeing Oti stood there. "Can I help you?"
"Can I come in? I want to talk to you. Please?" I nod, letting her in.

I offer her a cup of tea, I've no idea why, but I do. "Thanks." She smiles.
"Why are you here Oti?"
"I've come to apologise. I know it's been almost four years, I know that. I couldn't bring myself to admit what I did. I've been in denial this whole time.
I'm such a horrible person, Di. I mean, what best friend tries to break up your relationship just because she's jealous? A shit one, that's who. Listen, I understand if you don't forgive me because I really don't deserve it. But just know that I really truly am sorry. You're an amazing person Dianne and I guess that's part of the reason I was so jealous, not just because I fancied Joe.

I want my best friend back. I've met someone. Marius. Marius Iepure and we're getting married. I want you at my wedding, Di, can you please forgive me?" Her voice was genuine and sincere. I knew how sorry she was just by the look in her eyes and her tone of voice.

I don't say much, I pull her into me for a hug and say the words,
"I've missed you." to her

"I've missed you too, thank you for forgiving me." She wipes a tear away.
"Of course. I need my bridesmaid at my wedding." I smile.
"Really?" She smiles.
I nod. "Of course, I've always wanted you to be one," I grin as she smiles at me. "So Marius, tell me all about him."

/ / / /

"Joe I'm going." I call to my fiancé who is currently getting Noah down for a nap.
We were getting the train to Manchester as that's where Zoe got her dress from so I knew it'd be amazing.

He comes down the stairs, with a fidgety, sleepy Noah. "Can't get him down, huh?" He shakes his head.
"No, I'll just stay here with him, see if he nods off then," I nod. "Stay safe. Let me know when you're at the hotel. And I'll see you tomorrow," He smiles. "I love you."
"I love you too. I'll definitely text or ring you when I'm at the hotel. Look after Noah for me and I'll see you tomorrow." I smile. Joe then notices Oti, as he pulls a face.
'I'll explain later.' I whisper as he nods.

"Manchester here we come." I squeal turning to my girls, as our Uber to take us to the station arrives.

/ / / /