Chapter 19

Two Weeks Later

Waking up to the sound of my alarm blaring at me, I groan as I roll over to snuggle into Alf. I soon realise his side of the bed is empty, it hitting me as to why. Today is my wedding day. Our wedding day.

My amazing brother and sister in law had paid for it, and I knew it was going to be amazing.

Jumping out of bed, I run to the toilet and throw up. Again. For the sixth time this week.

Out of curiosity, I get a test out of the cupboard. Peeing on it, I wait the estimated time I need to. Me and Alf were trying again, so I was hoping I was.

The sound of my phone timer going off knocks me out of my thoughts. Taking a deep breath, I close my eyes, before opening them again as I look at the result.

Pregnant

In big, black bold letters. I was pregnant again. A little smile forced its way out. I couldn't wait to tell Alf.

My hair and make up artist had now arrived, as there's a knock on the door. ''Heyyyy.'' Dianne sings, walking in.

''Hey.'' I smile.

''How are you feeling, Zo?'' 

''I'm good, Di. I can't wait to get married.'' I beam.

''Good, I'm so happy for you.'' She smiles.

''Thanks, Di.'' I hug her.

/ / / /

''Girls, are you ready?'' I call to my bridesmaids.

''Yeah we're rea-wait, no. Dianne isn't.'' Poppy replies.

I look around the room noticing she's not there. ''Has anyone see Dianne?'' 

''She went into the bathroom ages ago.'' My friend, Louisa, spoke.

Nodding, I walk over to the bathroom door, and knock on it. ''Di, are you alright lovely?''

''Zo, can you come in?'' She opens the door.

''Are you alright? Why aren't you dressed?''

''I can't do it. I can't be your bridesmaid.'' She sighs.

''Why not, lovely?''

''I'm so fat, Zo. The dress shows off my post bump, and I can't let you down. I can't ruin your wedding, I...'' She grabs my arm. ''I... C-cant. J-joe.''She stutters.

''MUM, can you ring Joe?'' I shout through the door. ''Just breath, Di.'' I rub her back.

/ / / /

''Knock knock, are you all decent?'' I call, knocking on Zoe's door.
''Joe, quick,'' Mum pulls me through the door. ''Dianne.''

''What do you mean Dianne. Is she OK? Where is she?'' I panic.

''She's in there with Zoe.'' She points to the bathroom. 

Running over, I knock on the door. ''Dianne, sweetheart, are you alright? Can I come in?'' 

Zoe opens the door. ''I can't calm her down. She's refusing to wear her dress, saying she's fat and doesn't want to let me down,'' She sighs. ''I'm worried about her.'' 

''Hey, don't stress Zo, I'll sort it, OK?'' She nods. ''Go get your dress on and I'll see ya out there.'' She nods again, leaving me to it.

''J-Joe?'' She stutters.

''I'm here, sweetheart,'' I pull her into me. ''Can you take deep breaths for me?''  Once I'd managed to calm her down, I wrap my arms around her. ''What brought all this on, hey?'' I soothe.